See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Drove in from Houston then thru Chicago to pick up my mother on a family emergency in Des Moines. Stop at Motel 6 on Fleur Drive, looking for a place comfortable for me and my family to stay. Upon check-in the clerk had a short delay in assisting me but later explained she was having pc problems, by the am the staff changed and became really rude. I sent my son up to get towels and he was questioned about the purpose of our trip and who was with us?!!! thats not the end ... i just dont feel like telling the whole story .its alot to type and explain.. but i was told by the office that I called them out of their names.They was plenty of racial profiling was going on from the staff there. But it ended with the stafff Nanette, kicking me and my kids out and as she said Gladly giving me my money back. Nanette, I never cussed you, but you cant talk to smart people how you want too. Motel 6 is all you will every have sweetie.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HoustonKia
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Efficient and friendly staff, clean rooms, and the staff was right on the ball getting the driveway salted after an early-morning freezing rain. Typical Motel 6, great place to stay if traveling with dogs. Close to the IA state fairgrounds.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2011

So I know Motel 6 is a cheap motel, but there are certain standards that should be in place. The Airport Motel 6 in Des Moines was dirty and the walls were paper thin. I was kept up most of the night by neighbors next to me and above me. The front desk worker was sick. She was sneezing in her hands and then touching stuff without washing first. I was glad to get out of there. I'm not normally one to complain much. I tend to stay in cheap places like this, so I know what I'm up against. However, this place was just bad.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Les B
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed with friends there for a night on the town. The place was clean hot water. Just what we needed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I drove in from Houston and immediately drove around the hotel to check it out. I then went inside and asked if I could see the room I would be staying in. The clerk, Katie, had absolutely no problem showing me the room. It was immaculate. I also asked two different guests if they were happy with their rooms, they said yes. (I check all the hotels I stay in very well for bugs, hair, and unsanitary issues. My room was great! Clean, cable works, internet connection was good, and the hotel is within walking distance of a huge grocery store, a sit down family restaurant, gas station, Walgreens, and a small plaza of other stores and other places to eat.

For the price it was perfect. I will definitely stay here again on my way back to Texas from Minneapolis.

Room Tip: Room 206 is perfect for a couple or a single person or two friends (one bed).
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business