“You get what you pay for and less”

Motel 6 Des Moines South - Airport
Ranked #39 of 49 Hotels in Des Moines
OSKALOOSA
“You get what you pay for and less”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

So I know Motel 6 is a cheap motel, but there are certain standards that should be in place. The Airport Motel 6 in Des Moines was dirty and the walls were paper thin. I was kept up most of the night by neighbors next to me and above me. The front desk worker was sick. She was sneezing in her hands and then touching stuff without washing first. I was glad to get out of there. I'm not normally one to complain much. I tend to stay in cheap places like this, so I know what I'm up against. However, this place was just bad.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank lbohlen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed with friends there for a night on the town. The place was clean hot water. Just what we needed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

I drove in from Houston and immediately drove around the hotel to check it out. I then went inside and asked if I could see the room I would be staying in. The clerk, Katie, had absolutely no problem showing me the room. It was immaculate. I also asked two different guests if they were happy with their rooms, they said yes. (I check all the hotels I stay in very well for bugs, hair, and unsanitary issues. My room was great! Clean, cable works, internet connection was good, and the hotel is within walking distance of a huge grocery store, a sit down family restaurant, gas station, Walgreens, and a small plaza of other stores and other places to eat.

For the price it was perfect. I will definitely stay here again on my way back to Texas from Minneapolis.

Room Tip: Room 206 is perfect for a couple or a single person or two friends (one bed).
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

Went to pick up grandson at airport ..due to delay had to spend the night .. We called Motel 6 for a price quote ... $49.XX ... Check in .. friendly front person .. room was standard motel room ... spend night without any interuption ... i say fair price .. fair room .. and right next to airport .. thanks motel 6 for keeping room cost low ..

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

PROS:
*price
*accepted dogs
* close to where I needed to be

CONS:
*Seemed clean enough, but smelled like smoke and barf. Note - this was a non smoking room.
*Flat pillow - that was really no pillow at all. Scratchy, thin blanket.
*Heating system was completely screwed up. Could either be really hot or really cold.
*Loud.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
m60030, General Manager at Motel 6 Des Moines South - Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
Dear Bwookie,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the M6 Des Moines (airport). I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurrences.

Staci Sokol
Motel 6 Des Moines South
nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

I stayed at this paticular location for the convenient location and the rate but I would NEVER stay here again. I stayed on a saturday night and was woke up between 1-2 in the morning to find a parking lot full of cops. Cars were being broken into and vandalized!!!!! My non smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke and the bed was extremly worn. I do not recommend this motel because although the prices are cheap you only get what you pay for and its not worth it!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank lifechild
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

Stayed for two nights. Read these reviews prior to arrival and must say, I had a great time. The bed was comfortable, water was hot, and felt quite safe. The staff was very nice. We talked as if we were old friends. Watched cable TV, went across the street to Hy Vee for breakfast, lunch, dinner, free WIFI and it's open 24/7. Perkins (diner/bakers square like) is also across the street and open 24/7. Can't beat $35/night! I would definitely stay here again without a doubt!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business