$78
$85
$101
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

$189
$180
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

$169
$152
EmbassySuites.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

$194
$169
Hampton.com
$67
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $77/night.

$139
$187
$89
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed with friends there for a night on the town. The place was clean hot water. Just what we needed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I drove in from Houston and immediately drove around the hotel to check it out. I then went inside and asked if I could see the room I would be staying in. The clerk, Katie, had absolutely no problem showing me the room. It was immaculate. I also asked two different guests if they were happy with their rooms, they said yes. (I check all the hotels I stay in very well for bugs, hair, and unsanitary issues. My room was great! Clean, cable works, internet connection was good, and the hotel is within walking distance of a huge grocery store, a sit down family restaurant, gas station, Walgreens, and a small plaza of other stores and other places to eat.

For the price it was perfect. I will definitely stay here again on my way back to Texas from Minneapolis.

Room Tip: Room 206 is perfect for a couple or a single person or two friends (one bed).
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Went to pick up grandson at airport ..due to delay had to spend the night .. We called Motel 6 for a price quote ... $49.XX ... Check in .. friendly front person .. room was standard motel room ... spend night without any interuption ... i say fair price .. fair room .. and right next to airport .. thanks motel 6 for keeping room cost low ..

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2011

PROS:
*price
*accepted dogs
* close to where I needed to be

CONS:
*Seemed clean enough, but smelled like smoke and barf. Note - this was a non smoking room.
*Flat pillow - that was really no pillow at all. Scratchy, thin blanket.
*Heating system was completely screwed up. Could either be really hot or really cold.
*Loud.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
m60030, General Manager at Motel 6 Des Moines South - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2011

Dear Bwookie,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the M6 Des Moines (airport). I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurrences.

Staci Sokol
Motel 6 Des Moines South

Reviewed October 10, 2009

I stayed at this paticular location for the convenient location and the rate but I would NEVER stay here again. I stayed on a saturday night and was woke up between 1-2 in the morning to find a parking lot full of cops. Cars were being broken into and vandalized!!!!! My non smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke and the bed was extremly worn. I do not recommend this motel because although the prices are cheap you only get what you pay for and its not worth it!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo