“Very unique place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Zombie burger is a great place to go with a few friends for a casual burger/drink. The patio has a great view of downtown and the food is always great. They have very unique burgers, drinks, and desserts. If you live in Des Moines it's a must-try. If you're passing through and want to stop for a quick great-tasting burger this is your place. My favorite item on the menu is the cheese balls. They are well priced and you receive enough to share with the entire table!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Hamburgers are the best. Love the toppings......please eat ALL the toppings if you don't, someone will tell you that you aren't setting a good example to children concerning not eating your veggies (onions). Can't make reservations but worth the wait. Oh and the chocolate cake shake is outstanding! Fun to eat outside in the summer there.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

First - don't expect a place to be able to have a nice conversation. Loud, minimalist setting here...

I went here for a simple to go order. I waited in line for over 20 minutes, ordered my burger, then waited another 20. Grabbed my order and I went on my way...

They gave me someone else's food! And although I ate it (I was at home, what recourse did I have?) I have had better.

For a place that everyone thinks is so great, think twice about it. There's plenty of other choices in the East Village.

2  Thank johnlwood
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Fun place to go; interested food to try, but at the end of the day I was packed full of calories and fat without a lot of flavor. If you scarf your food so fast you don't taste it and you love the dead, this is the place for you!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food isn't amazing but it is a fun restaurant to visit if you want to get away from chains. We took family from out of town there and they all loved the unique experience. There is a long wait if you try to eat in the restaurant part but it is fairly quick if you order from the counter. The menu items are all unique and creative twists on the average burger. The shakes are really good