“Neat Place”

Zombie Burger + Drink Lab
Ranked #6 of 569 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
“Neat Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Today was the first time I had been to Zombie Burger. The menu has a variety to choose from, the drink menu is just as extensive. The wait was 30 min and we ended up sitting outside on the patio and it was nice out! The food was great. I had a burger with fried pickle, fried bacon, and cheese curds. My husband picked the poppers and LOVED the dipping sauce. My boys picked hot dogs, and one had mac n cheese on it. Neat place to eat!

• Visited July 2013

Merced, California, United States
“Good place for lunch after touring the capitol building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just a few blocks from the state capitol, this was a really fun place to have lunch. Everything is along a "zombie" theme - especially the menu. The food was average to good. If the weather is nice you can sit on the side walk.

• Visited May 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,546 helpful votes
“Tasty burgers with a couple flaws.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went to Zombie Burgers on a Wednesday evening at 6p with a group of co-workers. We were told it would be a 45-60 minute wait for the dining area or we could go to the fast food side and order within minutes. So we went and ordered on the fast food side with the two seat tables or one seaters by the windows. I ordered a burger with cheddar, bacon, caramelized onions and ranch. I asked for the burger to be cooked medium. It came out very tasty; juicy, and flavorful. It was missing the ranch which I did not realize until I was almost finished. I also order a chocolate peanut butter banana malt. It was thick and good but was missing the peanut butter. So, tasty food but two mistakes on both of the items I ordered. Service was friendly but dropped the ball on both orders. Gimmicky burger joint but worth the visit. A double burger with a malt was $14. Fries would add to $16.00. Not cheap.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank AlexanderDelarge
Milford, Iowa
“NOT IMPRESSED”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were visiting the Capitol and this restaurant was recommended. It was 11a.m. so not really busy yet. We went in and stood....... almost left. Then we were seated by someone who didn't really look at us or smile or seem to care if we were there. It took quite some time for a waiter. They all looked weird which doesn't help want to eat there. Food was not that fantastic;just has fantastic names. I am not planning to return anytime soon. They have their priorities a bit mixed up.

• Visited May 2013
Corydon, Iowa
“Great food, great atmosphere, great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a large group and we had to wait a while to be seated. Once we were seated we were waited on promptly. The food was excellent. The menu is original -- a burger between two grilled cheese sandwiches? a fried macaroni and cheese bun? -- and the portions are generous. The staff were friendly and attentive. The decor has a zombie theme, of course, but it isn't overly scary or gruesome. Definitely one of the coolest places in Des Moines. We had a great time. Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2012