All reviews biscuits and gravy room was clean waffles gas station staff was friendly stay there again within walking distance easy access the breakfast area motel applebees interstate cereal microwave sauna popcorn repair
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2019

Front desk service is great but the house keeping is poor I found a moldy dough nut under my bed that had been there for at least week. When house keeping was asked to clean it I had to get the dough nut myself then wash my hands twice.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
super8desmoines, Webmaster at Super 8 by Wyndham Clive/W des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review regarding our hotel! We appreciate your honest feedback and appreciating our front desk staff. We are sorry to hear that you had an inconvenience with one of our Housekeeping team members, I will be sure to relay that message to our management team. We hope to have you back into our hotel in the near future!

Sincerely
Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

I was very surprised that this hotel offered a suite with a pull out couch. We were able to book a last minute room due to roads being closed. The room was clean and had been updated recently (last couple of years I am guessing). The staff at check in and check out was very helpful and understanding.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2019

Stayed here with our dog, only charged a $10 fee for our dog which was great! Very reasonably priced, beds comfortable, breakfast food selection very good. Just a stoop over to rest before continuing trip

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 24, 2019

After reading then other reviews we thought we'd give this place a try after being stopped from traveling by a blizzard.

There are PLENTY of other places to stay just off the highway and we will be choosing one of their competitors next time.

Check in was...Meh.

Arrived at our room door to find it was right across the hall from the linens/cleaning/restock room, window just looking at the entrance to the left; in other words a noisy and high traffic room. We had requested a quiet room.

Second room, a twist tie on the floor as we walked in. What looked like floss in the metal drain (which was loose and came out) of the tub. We think it was towel (!) they may have wiped the tub out with and it may have gotten caught on the broken drain. And, we used quite a bit of paper towels we travel with in order to remove whatever it was as we did not want to find out or touch it.

Checked for bedbugs (as we always do) and found none (hey, a plus!) but did find long hair between the mattress and bed spring. Gross.

The bathroom doorknob and mirror were old, peeling and shabby (see photos) as is most everything else here. My husband said the room smelled faintly of urine. And, the mattresses were far too saggy covered by a threadbare "comforter".

The television was impossible to get to work properly. We gave up and watched a DVD using my laptop.

The breakfast was sad. No eggs or meats. No pancakes. No peanut butter. No pastries. Terrible coffee. Biscuits, white/wheat bread to toast, a waffle maker, yogurt, butter (not refrigerated), jelly, and orange or apple juice, that's it. A carb-heavy/sugary way to start your morning, no thank you.

Check out was...Meh. No one to be found there for a good five minutes.

We just stayed at a place the night before for the same price/star value that puts this place to shame.

Seriously, save your money/pay a bit more and stay elsewhere.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank NotAFoodSnobFromNY
Reviewed February 13, 2019

I travel a lot for work and with my family and Im familiar with the regular motel scenery which is not very impressive to say the least This one however was an exception The room was clean new and spacious The personel was friendly and the breakfast was always fresh It was amazing for the price I wilk defenetely stay there again

• Trip type: Traveled on business