“So-So”

Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Newington, Connecticut
“So-So”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Average for this type of hotel. Breakfast less the average, should have gone to Denny's next door. Room cleanliness passable only. Had to take smoking room because only room left, but was pleased that it wasn't overwhelming. Would only stay here again if had no other choice locally.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Clive
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Was given keys to an occupied room at check in. Reserved a room for 3 nights. Clearly they didn't pay attention when I checked in because when my room key again didn't work on day 2 they asked how long I was planning on staying. I also noticed I was charged for the first night right away and the 2/3 nights the day after. Breakfast was minimal.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Clive
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent facility and staff. Breakfast was subpar with no skim milk and no sugar-free syrup. A minor point, yes, but more healthy options would be appreciated.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This motel was centrally located in a very nice area of Des Moines and close to major freeways. All the major stores and shopping center was nearby. Since we had a pet and this was a pet friendly motel, we chose this motel. It was right next door to Pet Smart which had a Doggie Day Camp where we could put our dog during the day. Good breakfast with the basics - fruit, yogurt, waffles, cereal, juices, cinnamon rolls in a fairly large eating area. Front desk management was very helpful and friendly.
We will definitely go back when back in Des Moines area

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floor as we heard people walking around in the room above us around 1:00...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Great staff! Front desk very helpful as far as locating destinations and helping us with anything we needed. We stayed during the week. Our flights were such that we arrived before 3pm. The sweet lady at the front desk was able to get us in our room before check in time. Rooms are very nice and seem to have been recently redone. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
Glenpool, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I called the day before to reserve a smoking room. Showed up, Checked in, drug my bags up to second floor, key didn't work, drug my bags back to lobby{in another building,} was given two keys, drug my bags back through the maze they call a motel back to the second floor, key still didn't work and found out someone was already in the room, drug my bags back to the lobby again. they seemed confused, had no idea what rooms they had availible, then after about 30 min they said that they didn't have anymore smoking rooms and that I would have to settle for a no smoking room if I wanted one. I told them where to put it and got my money back, Now tell me what good did it do to make a reservation when now I am in the same place as if I would have drove into town and found a room then, I am out looking for a room a 730pm at night, its cold and dark. I would not recommend this unprofessional maze they call a motel to anyone,
they don't know what they are doing and don't care. It is a joke to make reservations since they haven't got a clue if it will be availible when you get there. You are better off to drive into town and find a room then, then to count on this dump even if you call ahead.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
#3 of 8 in Clive
Baymont Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines-West-Clive

Been to Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines? Share your experiences!