All reviews biscuits and gravy room was clean waffles gas station restaurants within walking distance continental breakfast staff was friendly definitely stay here again nice stay motel interstate cereal microwave channels
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Finest Super 8 I've ever stayed in, and I'm a regular of the chain.

This is a new and modern facility. Super 8 regulars will recognize the breakfast room, but the rooms are very new and modern. Very clean. Very comfortable. Modern furnishings with microwave and refrigerator. Located in a hotel and restaurant area on the edge of Des Moines.

Large room, king size bed, small closet, desk, chair, and a small dresser. Just the best Super 8 I've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: I reserved from the Wyndham web site.
1  Thank Mickey C
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I booked this motel through tripadvisor. The price was great, location & amenities I used were wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I spent the night at Super 8 on our way back home to the Twin Cities. We found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. The rooms had all the basics, no frills, but comfortable beds, clean rooms with refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV, coffee maker, blow dryer, iron and ironing board. The staff were very friendly and more than willing to help. Another reviewer complained of a smoke smell that caused problems, but we did not notice ANY issues with this either in our room, the lobby or hallways. My guess is that reviewer ended up in a room where the previous guest violated the smoke-free policy of the hotel. The breakfast was basic (waffles, cereal, fruit, toast and cinnamon-type rolls), but adequate. We paid at AAA rate of about $75 including taxes. We make the trip often between MN and MO and will definitely stay here again if we need a stop over near DesMoines.

1  Thank MaryfromMN
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had the misfortune of arriving in Des Moines during the Pork Producers convention, and hotel rooms were extremely scarce. Our two queen room at the Super 8 was rather cramped. Came with fridge and microwave and flat screen tv. Bathroom a bit small but recently upgraded. Breakfast did not include the usual omelet and bacon or sausage common in other hotels, but had the basics. The sitting area by the reception desk small. There is a jacuzzi but non-functioning. Staff was friendly and helpful. Well located just off I-35. One positive to the location - walking distance to Applebee's, very good Mexican restaurant Mi Mexico, KFC, and a couple of others. I may be kind in awarding 3 stars, could just as well gone with 2 stars. Rate was $89 plus tax. Would not likely stay here again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The entire hotel smells like smoke. I paid extra because the only available non-smoking room was a corner room. The room was actually quite nice, but it had a very strong, stale smoke stench. I spent one night in it, and ended up with congestion and itchy eyes. On the plus side, the staff are great, and they handled the situation well. The bedding is adequate. Breakfast was included, but was very poor with watery coffee and only a few choices of food. The hot tub was closed for maintenance.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you are a smoker.