All reviewsbiscuits and gravyroom was cleangas stationwafflesrestaurants within walking distancecontinental breakfaststaff was friendlydefinitely stay here againnice staymotelinterstatecerealmicrowavechannels
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had the misfortune of arriving in Des Moines during the Pork Producers convention, and hotel rooms were extremely scarce. Our two queen room at the Super 8 was rather cramped. Came with fridge and microwave and flat screen tv. Bathroom a bit small but recently upgraded. Breakfast did not include the usual omelet and bacon or sausage common in other hotels, but had the basics. The sitting area by the reception desk small. There is a jacuzzi but non-functioning. Staff was friendly and helpful. Well located just off I-35. One positive to the location - walking distance to Applebee's, very good Mexican restaurant Mi Mexico, KFC, and a couple of others. I may be kind in awarding 3 stars, could just as well gone with 2 stars. Rate was $89 plus tax. Would not likely stay here again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The entire hotel smells like smoke. I paid extra because the only available non-smoking room was a corner room. The room was actually quite nice, but it had a very strong, stale smoke stench. I spent one night in it, and ended up with congestion and itchy eyes. On the plus side, the staff are great, and they handled the situation well. The bedding is adequate. Breakfast was included, but was very poor with watery coffee and only a few choices of food. The hot tub was closed for maintenance.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you are a smoker.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had a nice overnight visit. the manager did a great job of keeping the place quiet, even with a high school baseball team at the hotel. Clean. Breakfast OK, but a little limited. Will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

On business in the area i needed to two night stay. First of all the staff was super friendly and courteous. Even though I bugged them for change for laundry, send my faxes, answered my questions, and sent my mail, they did it with a smile. I enjoyed a ten mile bike ride in the well maintained fitness room, with tv, water and towels. Then sweated more in the Sauna. Only negative was that the hot tub was out of order.
Rooms were nicely furnished with, dark wood cabinets, big fridge and micro. It was well worth the under 75$ charge. I'll only stay there next time through.
Good food was close, even though I ordered a pizza, one night.
Easily accessible from Highways.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2013

After reading the great Trip Advisor reviews we decided to stay here on our drive from Dallas back to Mpls. Hotel had been recently remodeled - excellent location next to Applebees and a half block from Chilis. Large room, very clean and well-equipped. Good breakfast. Good desk staff. Excellent rate. Very comfortable bed. Close to I35 but we heard very little noise. We were on the 2nd floor facing the front lot; we slept with our window open and woke to the birds singing. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Second floor allows you to sleep with your window open if you want - very little highway noise, lots of trees nearby so lots of wonderful birdsong in the morning.
1  Thank annie2323