“Stayed 2 nights and loved it.”

Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
“Stayed 2 nights and loved it.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

On business in the area i needed to two night stay. First of all the staff was super friendly and courteous. Even though I bugged them for change for laundry, send my faxes, answered my questions, and sent my mail, they did it with a smile. I enjoyed a ten mile bike ride in the well maintained fitness room, with tv, water and towels. Then sweated more in the Sauna. Only negative was that the hot tub was out of order.
Rooms were nicely furnished with, dark wood cabinets, big fridge and micro. It was well worth the under 75$ charge. I'll only stay there next time through.
Good food was close, even though I ordered a pizza, one night.
Easily accessible from Highways.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 6, 2013

After reading the great Trip Advisor reviews we decided to stay here on our drive from Dallas back to Mpls. Hotel had been recently remodeled - excellent location next to Applebees and a half block from Chilis. Large room, very clean and well-equipped. Good breakfast. Good desk staff. Excellent rate. Very comfortable bed. Close to I35 but we heard very little noise. We were on the 2nd floor facing the front lot; we slept with our window open and woke to the birds singing. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Second floor allows you to sleep with your window open if you want - very little highway noise, lots...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank annie2323
Illinois
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Super clean, easy to find location, parking is close to doors, staff members were pleasant and helpful. Two story building. On the last day of my stay I forgot to take something which I had printed at the computer. I called at noon from my business meeting. Staff had found the pages and they were ready for me to return and pick up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Margaret C
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Last year we stay in october 6 nights,and I loved this hotel.
And this year we stay again,and to our surprise,this hotel continue the best in area.
The rooms news,bath news,corridors very clean,fitness center works.
Breakfast is incredible.
Safe place,many places for eat a walking distance.
The front desks was super friendly.
Thanks,I see soon

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GELCJR
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our welcome to the hotel was very pleasant and we felt the rooms were well decorated and comfortable. The highway noise was slightly noticeable but not a problem. We would stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deonna K
Woodbury
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We, wife-dog-me, stayed here for 2 nights. Reasonable rate and motel exceeded my expectations. Room was clean and breakfast was OK. Staff was friendly. Charge $10 per night for dog. Only complaint would be that pillows were very flat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
#3 of 8 in Clive
Baymont Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines-West-Clive

Been to Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines? Share your experiences!