“Good sushi, great service at good prices”
Review of Haiku

Haiku
Ranked #152 of 574 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Midwest
“Good sushi, great service at good prices”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had a variety of salad, soups and sushi here. Its good sushi, especially if you like more fillings. To me, it was a tad out of balance, but if it has to be out of balance, I will take the over rather than the under anyday. Great ambiance and decor too, so I cant wait to return and try some of their fusion dishes. While we didnt try any, I noticed several others in the restaurant enjoying some great looking dishes.

Haiku,
See you next time Im in town

• Visited June 2014

South Georgia
“Cool Asian Fusion joint”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This cool little sushi joint is a real gem! Near Drake University in Des Moines it is quite unique. I loved the soft blue lighting throughout and the seating at the bar was very cozy. The waitress was friendly and helpful and the food was great!

• Visited August 2013
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Amazing sushi and enjoyable atmosphere. High quality and great service. We have been to several sushi restaurants in Des Moines and this was the best...

• Visited August 2013
Urbandale, Iowa
“Great Sushi and Sashimi”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love Haiku. To me, this is one of the best sushi restaurants in the country. I have tried many many sushi restaurants, including NYC, Chicago, San Diego, LA, Miami, etc. but very few served fresh sashimi. I would not want to mention some terrible sushi places in Des Moines. Whenever I travel I no longer go to sushi restaurants except for the one in San Diego, my old neighborhood. There is a sushi restaurant called, Akai Hana. If you happened to be in San Diego and want some great sushi, go there and sit at the sushi bar with the main chef Nakamura San.

All I can say is that I am so glad that we have Haiku. My husband and I have been a regular siince Haiku opened a few years ago and the chef Ken who had his training in Mahattan NY knows how to serve great sushi and sashimi. We normally order a special plate that chef creates for us. Uni and live scallops are not always available but we can order a few days ahead before we go.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Yeowang
Corydon, Iowa
“Great place for sushi”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our kids took us to Haiku to celebrate our birthdays. We ordered a variety of rolls, and all were delicious, especially the Tiger, Spider Net, and NYC rolls. The presentation on the platter was impressive. The service was great, the music was nice. My only complaint was the blue light. It got to be a bit much. Other than that, it was a great experience, Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2012