“Aroma of pho!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Waitstaff
Iowa
“Aroma of pho!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Another great place for pho, this one on the east side. He liked his Mongolian beef, but not the crispy noodles. She loved her seafood pho. The egg rolls were fresh and hot, and the tea pot bottomless.

DES MOINES
“Roaches!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Last year, we sat at a table by the front door and saw a roach on the wall next to our table!! When we told the waitress, she asked us what we wanted her to do. We realized, that although rude, there was little she could do, so we left in disgust. I decided to submit a review when the same thing happened to a co-woker July 2012, but this time the cockroach actually ran across the table. Again the staff was defensive. I mean for roaches to be out in broad daylight and infested for over a year? It must be bad. I do miss the tasty food, but all I can think about is roaches climbing all over the dishes, silverware, food....Gross.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank travelingjoes
Madison, Wisconsin
“Tasty Vietnamese and Lao Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

I really enjoy the Lao and Vietnamese food at the Rolling Wok Café. The Pho broth is delicious and they bring a generous assortment of garnishes to spruce it up. The House Eggrolls are generously sized and very tasty. I enjoy the papaya salad combo which is served with sticky rice, cabbage wedge and your choice of chicken wings or meatballs. I tend to like spicy foods, but I only choose a 3 their 1-5 spiciness scale, because it really sneaks up on you in the papaya salad. The first few bites, I always think, hmm, I should have gotten spicier, but by the end, by lips have that wonderful burn. I did find the chicken wings to be a bit bland. They have a dry rub and are cooked a little crispy but I think they could use more zing. The LARP is also very good. It’s a spicy pork salad with mint and cilantro. They also have a good bubble-tea business going. The décor could use some work. The carpet has some ugly rips in it. The service is also fairly lax. But if you want to try Lao food, this is very tasty.

• Visited June 2011