Hyatt Place Des Moines Downtown
$180
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Days Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport(Des Moines)(Great Value!)
$72
Doubletree.com
$164
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Baymont Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport(Des Moines)(Great Value!)
$72
$92
$101
$82
Groupon.com
Des Lux Hotel(Des Moines)
$199
$193
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat hotelvalet servicebreakfast sandwichtwo queen bedscorner roomwithin walking distancewould highly recommend this hotelthe entire staffthe shuttle driversitting areaexcellent stayhot breakfastbusiness tripyogurtdefinitely stay here againrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Spent one night there last night and stayed in a nice, big suite. The room was great with an amazing bed. The staff was excellent and the breakfast in the morning was really nice. It is located in a great area and an easy walk to many restaurants and bars. The only issue was that the windows were cheap and it sounded like all of the motorcycles four floors below were right outside my window. Overall though, nice place, great staff, in a nice location. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor to keep the street noise down.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is in a converted office tower. Its not built or designed to normal Hyatt Place standards. The rooms are not cookie cutter matches to the standard layout of suburban Hyatt Place's, and while that may sound like a good thing in reality its bad. In our case we really needed the 'suite' effect and wanted to use the fold out couch, but in our room the layout was odd and cramped and the couch essentially opened right up to the main bed. Not good for us. No privacy at all. The other problem was the plumbing. The shower did not drain at all, which grossed us out a bit. No one wants to shower in 8 inches of used water. Come on Hyatt, get it together. Again I suspect the retrofit nature of the building was to blame. The final problem was that this hotel is small and under staffed, despite its prominent downtown location. So there were no maintenance or support staff available to help us out. Just one clerk downstairs. So its clearly not a downtown 'Hyatt'. It was relatively disapointing. Not a real hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a great hotel. It was beautiful. The lobby and room were clean and spacious. The breakfast that they serve in the morning was fabulous. They served everything from yogurt, breakfast sandwiches, cereal, and too much for me to add it here. I would definitely return here for another visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I was recently here for a wedding and the hotel was fully booked. The room we had on the sixth floor was spacious and laid out nicely, however there were some curious stains on the sofa so we didn't use that at all. The bed was comfortable and a nice bathroom. Breakfast was a total zoo. The dining space is limited and seating and coffee was hard to come by.

The worst part of the hotel was hearing traffic on the street at night and ever noise in rooms around us. We could even hear the ice machine drop ice which was down the hall from us. Not sure what causes the noise to reverberate, but were two of the most exhausting nights.

I would not stay here again. There were some great bars and restaurants within walking distance and they so offer a free shuttle around town.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at the downtown Des Moines Hyatt on a business trip. I arrived dead tired. I was checked into my room in 3 minutes. Great service. Lovely room, well appointed. I could have spent 2 days sleeping in the bed! And the breakfast, made to order, is spectacular. I'll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed on a street side and had no noise issues.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business