“Beautiful Hotel & Great Staff”

Hyatt Place Des Moines Downtown
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Beautiful Hotel & Great Staff”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

The hotel experience was off to a good start when we were greeted by the front desk who quickly showed me how to do the self-check in. This process was very quick and convenient. We later went to a concert and came back and I needed some neosporin for a burn. The two hotel staff on duty Ben & Ryan quickly got my neosporin and burn relief and were so nice! Later that evening we called down asking questions about the breakfast and Ryan not only explained everything but then asked if we needed anything else and Ben came up with more pillows and towels. Overall great stay and lovely hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My two boys and I booked and stayed there for one night recently while we visited Des Moines in order to see an Iowa Cubs game (Chicago Cubs AAA affiliate). The hotel, perfectly located in downtown Des Moines, is worth the expense. The rooms are the real prize especially based on how large they are. All of the furnishings are high quality and ultra-modern. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed May 26, 2011

This hotel is extremely convenient to the Polk County Convention Center and is very nice and clean. The most impressive part of the hotel is the customer service. I booked my reservation through an online service and the hotel was never made aware of the pre-paid reservation I made. Although the hotel was completely booked hotel staff, especially Wanda and Matt, honored my reservation and worked out all the issues with the online service. Every day that I stayed at the hotel a staff member greeted me by name and had my reservation issues resolved without any involvement from me. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in downtown Des Moines.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Evergreen, CO
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed 6-night stay in Des Moines at the Hyatt Place. Will definitely stay there again, and will seek out Hyatt Place locations in other cities I visit. Especially pleased with staff and their interest in seeing we had a great time. Wanda was exceptionally helpful and made our stay memorable.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank jedi9899
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I can't say enough about the great experience at the Hyatt Place. From the moment we arrived, every single person was extremely kind and helpful. We had a handicap accessible king suite and it was superior- the most accessible room we've had in a hotel/motel. When leaving one time, Mark was in the shuttle van in front. He left the van to assist my husband with my wheelchair and to ensure our safety in busy city traffic. Kudos to the management and all employees in making our stay very enjoyable. I was recomment this hotel to anyone visiting Des Moines.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Anamosa, Iowa
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We stayed overnight at Hyatt place in May. As you'd expect from a brand-new hotel, with staff that are eager to please, our stay was flawless. From drive-up until final departure, staff were attentive, helpful, and very friendly. Our room was spacious, well appointed, and had all the expected amenities. Everything is new and sparkling. The hotel is located on the downtown Des Moines skywalk system, making access to downtown attractions very convenient. Parking is a bit of a problem downtown. The hotel has valet parking for $15 a night, or you can find your own parking garage. We chose the valet option, and were very satisfied with the promptness of the service. Wanda, the front desk attendant, was extremely gracious and helpful.

This hotel has a lot going for and we would highly recommend that you consider it during your next downtown Des Moines stay. It is centrally located and very convenient for all the major downtown venues. They are highly motivated at this point to make your stay an enjoyable one. It's a good time to check them out.

• Stayed May 2011
Fort Myers, FL
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I agree, the staff really makes the hotel. We also had a great experience with Wanda. She was extremely helpful. Valet was super quick too. We got the king suite. It was pretty basic, but very clean. We requested an upper floor, however were given the 4th floor with a very unfortunate view of a nasty rooftop. The hotel didn't seem very busy at all. We were just happy to be there and didn't want to bother changing rooms, however I would be sure and ask for a room with a city view and not the rooftop if I went again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple