“Unbelievable”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Best sandwich I have ever eating. Visiting Des Moines? Eating at Jethro's is a must. The service and atmosphere were great. The sandwiches were stuffed with great cuts of meat. the barbecue sauce is phenomenal.

1  Thank hammerofthor
There are newer reviews for Jethro's BBQ

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Three of us...an adult and two elementary age kids stopped here for lunch. We were sited fairly quickly but not asked if we wanted kids menus or anything. Got seated and had to ask our server twice for menus and she seemed annoyed that I even asked. No ribs on the kids menu...so our kids each had the pulled pork sandwich. I had a pulled chicken sandwich. Portions are quite large. The music was so loud even on the patio....I suppose our small family was an annoyance as we did not hang out or order alcohol. We should have kept going to the great BBQ place in Ames I think...and we will next time we are in the area.

1  Thank PurpleMN
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Fun place to stop for a drink and fun atmosphere. Food is just ok at best. BBQ is not good, sandwiches are just ok, wings are good but there are better out there. Over all just ok.

1  Thank KMBCSW
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived at this BBQ and bar and were seated immediately. We chose to sit outside because of the lovely evening temps in Des Moines. We were tended to immediately, our food arrived fast, hot and delicious! The waitress came back several times to make sure we were taken care of. The food was incredible. I had the Better Homes and Garden Melt - pulled pork and chicken with melted cheese and sweet potato fries. Delicious!!! More than I could eat for a reasonable price. I would definitely go back here and encourage you to try this place! It is great!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Without question, this is one of the best BBQ joints I have ever experienced. I shared the 2 meat plus rib combo designed for two and if you haven't eaten here before---this is the way to go. It doesn't cost much more than two individual dinners but you get ribs, two meats of your choice and your choice of three sides. THE RIBS WERE SOME OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD. We also had brisket and pulled pork. I liked the pulled pork better than the brisket. Both very good, but the pulled pork had a little better flavor.

On the sides, without question the best side was the creamed corn spiced with jalapenos. We also had the beans and mac and cheese that was very good.

They have excellent sauces and I liked them all. If you are in the area and like BBQ, MAKE SURE YOU VISIT THIS JOINT--YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY.

1  Thank jweaver21