“Really good barbecue”

Uncle Wendell's
Ranked #169 of 590 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great food at a very good price. Have never had bad food here. Certainly not the fanciest place but come on, throw on some jeans and don't be afraid to get some tasty sauce on them. Kids loved it also.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I am alway sup to try a new BBQ joint and this one was good. It is a local staple in the area and many LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I would go with average but definitely good. The pork sandwich is great. Not very expensive and pretty fast service. I would always return if I were in the area and wanted good bbq. Staff is courteous and attentive to your requests.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

Absolutely love the brisket sandwiches here! Meat is good enough to eat without any sauce at all. The portions are generous. The location is a little hole in the wall. Uncle Wendell's has a stand at the Farmer's Market worth patronizing.

Reviewed May 29, 2010

Worst bbq I have ever had ! I ate 1/2 of 1 rib and left the rest of my food on the table. I was newer asked if my food was ok. Ordered a Pepsi and after about 10 min I went back and asked again for it and they responded " I guess we don't have Pepsi" I was never offered my money back or a different drink. DON' T WASTE YOU TIME OR YOU MONEY!!! Also they make you preTip for this..

Reviewed February 18, 2010

Let me start by saying the atmo here is very basic and leaves much to be desired so if you must stay and eat do you best to ignore it, otherwise get it to go! The brisket is smokey and tender, the pulled pork is good as is the cornbread, but the beans are top notch. They are rich, sweet, tangy, with hunks of smokey meat my son eats them like candy-and so do I! The sammiches here run about 7.50 and are large and meaty I highly reccomend getting a sammich that's half brisket half pulled pork so you can try both and be sure to get a side of beans-maybe two. They have a variety of bulk sauces to try grab one that suits your taste and get to work. Parking can be crumby on Ingersoll but it's worth the effort. This small shop has smokey Q goodness in spades.

1  Thank nahdogg