“No need to drive”

Johnny's Italian Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 579 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hot Steaks, Hot Music, Hot Italian….Cool Place!Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse is reminiscent of supper clubs of the past known for their great food and good times.Steaks take center stage at Johnny’s whether it is the signature Steak DeBurgo or the ever-popular Drunken Steak. The Italian menu features favorite pasta entrees including Lasagna and tasty and unique creations like Veal Sinatra or the Chanel No. 5 (Marilyn’s favorite!). Enjoy classic martinis, specialty cocktails and an extensive wine list, all of which sets Johnny’s “Stage” for lunch or dinner. With new-fashioned luxuries, old-fashioned service and personal relationships, Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse brings the Rat Pack era to the 21st Century. Join the party that is always in full swing, with new-fashioned luxuries and old-fashioned service and relationships, Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse brings edgy cool of the Rat Pack era into the 21st century.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Good food, right next door. Surprisingly busy and honestly a reasonable value. Service was friendly, efficient, knowledgeable. Consider not driving and dining here!

There are newer reviews for Johnny's Italian Steakhouse

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I walked over from the nearby hotel for a late dinner. When ordering wine, the waitress suggested a cabernet sauvignon that was very smooth on the tongue (I forgot its name); but it was GREAT!! The steaks were very good, cooked as desired, mine RARE and my wife's medium rare. We skipped desert. A very good meal.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

What a wonderful surprise...we were traveling & wanted to stay in a hotel with a restaurant. Online search showed Doubletree as having one. We had the most wonderful dinner here.
Warning...the servings are very large & you are going to be tempted to eat every last bite of them!
I had the pasta with the salmon, spinach & artichokes....delicious! Hubby had one of the steaks, which was seasoned & cooked perfectly. They also bring out delicious bread, which we didn't know & had also ordered the Bruschetta, which was unique & absolutely delicious!
The service & atmosphere was wonderful.
I know where we will be staying & eating the next time we travel through Des Moines!!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

After the cafeteria style grill at the Holiday Inn on Fleur and the Perkins we were pretty desperate. I started googling and decided on Johnny's Italian Steak House. What a wonderful choice! The dinners came with wonderful foccata bread and a very large mixed greens salad which included olives, tomatoes, asaigo cheese, etc. and was served family style! I had tilapia with Roma tomatoes and basil (precese basilico) with pasta in red sauce on side. The Roma tomatoes were so fresh I felt like was tasting the sun! My husband had drunken steak marinated in lager with a sauce and garlic mashed potatoes on the side. He savored every bite! We weren't going to have dessert until our server brought over the dessert tray. We shared one of the best tiramisu we have ever had! The atmosphere was wonderful and the background music fit perfectly and didn't disrupt conversation. The service couldn't have been better! So glad we found this place!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Went to Johnny's on Fleur last Friday and ordered the 8 oz. p[rime rib. It had absolutely no juice and looked like the texture of liver. I asked if they had microwaved it and was assured it was not. I only ate half of it. Johnny's was very apologetic and offered to make it right. They paid for the prime rib dinner and gave me a free dessert. Obviously, they were trying to please.