“Can't beat the food, the price or the service!”
Review of Sambetti's

Sambetti's
Ranked #149 of 574 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Bar
Des Moines, Iowa
“Can't beat the food, the price or the service!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had about everything on the menu and I've never been disappointed. It's far from being a fancy place, but it is comfortable.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Patio46

Iowa
“Great Prime Rib and Pepper Steak”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Tonight my wife and I went to Sambetti's for dinner. We go there about once a year. This place is not fancy and is located on 2nd Avenue just north of the central business district and the neighborhood is not one where you would expect to find fine dining. The price is right though and the dinner time food tastes great. My wife had the prime rib and let me have a taste or two or three... It was cooked just right, to medium rare like we both like it and the taste was just fantastic. It had just the right amount of seasoning and the au jus that came with it just added some additional flavor. It was tender and I have to say that it is one of the best tasting prime rib pieces I have ever had at a restaurant. Thursday is Prime Rib Special night and we were not disappointed with this.

I, on the other hand had the Pepper Steak. This is a hearty meal that comes in a casserole dish. The steak was plentiful and oh so tender. It came cooked in a nicely spiced broth of roasted green peppers, onions and mushrooms covered with a layer of melted mozzarella cheese. This is much like a cavatelli dish without the pasta and marinara sauce. It was very tasty and just made my dinner a pleasure to eat. I certainly recommend Sambetti's.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Mr-Catfish
Des Moines, Iowa
“LOVE this place!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

It was years since we visited Sambetti's...could not ever stand the smoky restaurant, but since the new laws, we are so pleased to be back enjoying the cavatelli on Friday's. The BEST in town! So worth the trip to downtown Des Moines. Oh, the house dressing is amazing!

Visited April 2012