“Average hotel”

Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Milford, CT
“Average hotel”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Mostly clean, mostly quiet, just an average hotel. Walls are a little thin, so be wary if you have a room near the elevator. The room was very stuffy when I got in, I guess the AC goes off if you leave. Good for energy saving, but it took a few minutes to make the room bearable (and this was on a mild day). Included breakfast was average, I was disappointed at the lack of fresh fruit. Towels were paper thin and should be replaced, and sheets were a little scratchy, but that's to be expected from a hotel of this class. Not the best night's sleep I've had a hotel, but far from the worst. All in all, a mixed bag.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank dsr1122

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was our first stay at a Fairfield Inn & Suites, and we were very pleased. The room, though small, was extremely clean and nicely decorated. The king bed was SO comfortable with crisp, clean bedding and lots of fluffy pillows. Another thing I liked is that the comforter/bedspread was not too thick and heavy as in some hotels. We could sleep comfortably without feeling like we were being weighed down by the bedding. The bathroom was huge with a nice wide countertop for all our stuff. We found the room to be very quiet and condusive to a good night's sleep. Overall, a very pleasant stay! Would have rated it a five were it not for the smallness of the room....expected a bit more square footage for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juliemun
Largo, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The room was very clean and quiet. Being across from the airport, I was almost expecting some airport noise. However, I didn't really hear any while in my room. Bed was very comfortable. They had a nice setup for breakfast, but due to our early morning flight, we weren't able to fully enjoy it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blmarlow
Oceanside, California
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Spent a lot of time researching where to stay near airport. We had a great stay because:
It is such a relief to be able to sleep comfortably when away from home. The beds and bedding was super comfy. It felt clean in every area of hotel. I loved the breakfast offering. Pancake on a stick with a sausage center looking much like a corn dog. It was yummy. Also the breakfast sandwiches were appealing. We stayed on the ground floor and noted it wasn't too noisy. It was a perfect location, a couple of minutes from airport, main highways nearby, Starbucks and good shopping. What I loved especially was Johnny's Italian Steakhouse right next door and a minute's walk for dinner. The restaurant had room service which was wonderful but we liked the atmosphere of the restaurant enough to enjoy in person. Though it was so close to everything, it was peaceful and pleasant, and not too noisy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hotelhussey
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the 2nd week of September. My room was very clean and the bed & pillows were extremely comfortable. My room was also very quiet. I slept very well here which never happens for me in a hotel room. The staff were all friendly and very helpful. They provide a free drink ticket for Johnny's Italian Steak House next door. Take time to go eat there... the food and service are phenomenal. I didn't have success using Wifi in my room however I was at the top floor and far end of the hotel. I ended up using my smart phone as a wifi hot spot instead which worked fine. My only small complaint would be that the bath towels were very thin & scratchy but I was 100% happy with my stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel has an intangible something that is just a cut above others of its kind. We arrived very late at night and received great service from the front desk. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Bathrooms clean with quality amenities (Pantene). Because of our late arrival, we didn't get up in time for breakfast, so can't comment there. I wish I could say what made it better than most in this price range...but it was!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LJ36
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This Fairfield Inn is away from the freeway, so no rooms have loud road noise. Staff is professional and accommodating. Clean. Comfortable. Newer. Can walk to Johnny's Italian Steakhouse. I can't give it 5 stars. Two things bug me. Fairfield Inns do not have full length mirrors and it drives me crazy. Imagine going to a wedding (or anywhere for that matter) and you can't see yourself. We stayed here 5 nights and 4 mornings (we couldn't face it one morning) of the same mediocre breakfast was too much. Microwaveable breakfast sandwiches in a wrapper make me cringe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple