“A real gem!”

Norwalk, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real gem!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have eaten there several times and the food is fabulous. Everything is fresh and cooked perfectly. Even the mushrooms on the pizza are fresh not cannned. Breakfast is worth dying for. The pancakes and stuffed french toast are so good. I you leave hungry it is your own fault. The food is great. Best in town.

• Visited February 2013

“Great dining experience.”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great food and service. I recommend the baked salmon or the meat loaf. Complimentary chocolate chip cookies.

• Visited January 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great neighbors in a great neighborhood”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Beaverdale is one of the most popular neighborhoods in Des Moines and Chef's Kitchen is right in the heart of it. The food is excellent, the atmosphere is warm and welcoming and the people are fantastic. The Littles are true restauraneurs and really know how to do it. The pizza, steaks, pasta, seafood, everything is top notch. We eat there many times a year and always enjoy it. As they're within walking distance of my house, I'm fond of stopping by, ordering a pizza, having a couple of beers and talking with the gang and then walking back home with my pizza, still hot after the block and a half. Weekend breakfast/brunch has become a particular favorite. Try the Bloody Marys!

• Visited January 2013
“Fantastic Bloody Marys!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I had breakfast here with about 20 friends. The food was served at the same time and it came out piping HOT! Beware that the pancakes are the size of your head. Next time I'll order the sweet potato pancakes as they are delicious! Great Bloody Marys - nice and spicy. Service was very friendly. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited December 2012
Des Moines, IA
“Always a pleasant dining experience”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We visit Chef's Kitchen several times a year and always enjoy ourselves. It is locally owned and the owners are always on site. I can be a little picky about my food and they are always extremely accommodating. The atmosphere has a cosy, calming effect and we have never felt like we were being rushed. We love grabbing a cookie on our way out.

• Visited October 2012