“Fantastic Bloody Marys!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chef's Kitchen
Ranked #87 of 563 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Des Moines, Iowa
“Fantastic Bloody Marys!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I had breakfast here with about 20 friends. The food was served at the same time and it came out piping HOT! Beware that the pancakes are the size of your head. Next time I'll order the sweet potato pancakes as they are delicious! Great Bloody Marys - nice and spicy. Service was very friendly. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited December 2012

Des Moines, IA
“Always a pleasant dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We visit Chef's Kitchen several times a year and always enjoy ourselves. It is locally owned and the owners are always on site. I can be a little picky about my food and they are always extremely accommodating. The atmosphere has a cosy, calming effect and we have never felt like we were being rushed. We love grabbing a cookie on our way out.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DSM
“Great Food Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Food is awesome. Pizza is some of the best around. Large servings. Owners are super nice. Great salads. Staff is very attentive. Recently had breakfast and my eggs were cooked perfectly.

• Visited August 2012
Des Moines, IA
“Solid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We have always had great food either for breakfast or dinner. The owners are always extremely nice and treat you as if you are a regular. They never disappoint!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great food, service, & value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife & I are here at least once a week, either for dinner, or a weekend breakfast. The tenderloin is huge, served on a tomato focaccia, delicious, and only $10. If I order a pizza, the staff know what toppings I like. The house dressing is outstanding. If I go in by myself, I can get a 3 topping pizza, salad and tea, and spend less than $15. The breakfasts are an even better deal. Live music on thursday evenings is a nice touch. The free choc. chip cookies are a real treat.

• Visited July 2012