“Check your Towels”

Historical Park Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Denison
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here as we were in town for a family thing. Needless to say not sure I would stay again. Our room had blood stained towels in it. There was garlic in the drawer. The sheets had black marks all over it. I was not expecting the Hilton but expected clean. The room had an odd smell to it as well. Left disappointed.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The clean & comfy pretty much speak for themselves. I called it convenient because it is right on the Lincoln Highway and has a good restaurant right across the street. I stayed in the original 1940 section. The room had a 1940's feel and size but was updated where appropriate (e.g., AC, TV, bathroom).

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2013

In the area for a cattle sale and decided to give this historic motel a try. Definitely not disappointed! We stayed in the Fishing theme room - it was not the biggest room but decorated nicely, very clean and smelled good. Had all the amenities - refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, coffee pot and nice flat screen TV. This was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in at any motel; actually had a very good night sleep. Room was very quiet even though the motel is located on a busy highway. Excellent service at the front desk - we were shown the room to make sure it was okay. Continental breakfast provided but we didn't try that as only coffee drinkers in the morning. Will definitely stay here again - will try one of the other theme rooms or even the Donna Reed room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StarPower09
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at the Park Motel for business, an extended stay of 6 nights. The room was very clean and smelled nice. The furniture was either from the 1940's or at least had been made up to look the part. I stayed in a 'themed' room and judging by the deer head on the wall the theme was hunting. The advertised queen sized bed was, at best, a double bed; albeit a comfortable one. Despite being quite close to both the highway and a major thoroughfare the room was very quiet. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room, but the refrigerator froze everything in it (including my insulin) with the setting at its warmest level. Two of the six days the bed was not made and three of the six my trash was not emptied. Replacement towels were simply placed on the vanity instead of being hung on the towel racks. I think with just a little attention to the details, such as ensuring that each filled room gets appropriate daily housekeeping, this would be an exemplary place for business travelers.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brewvet
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights. We stayed in a hunting theme room. The room was nice and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Big bathroom. Service is great. It is a historical site so it is to be expected it has an old look and feel to it. Overall a nice experience while being on the road.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I were on our way to see the Iowa Great Lakes but were tired of driving and stopped in Denison Iowa for fuel. We went to the Park Motel on the chance they would have room of any kind. Not only did they have a room the service was great,check in was effort less, and the manager escorted us to our room to make sure it suited our needs. It was overwhelming, we got the Donna Reed room which was furnished in all things Donna Reed. It is an older property, but it was clean,well maintained, and the young couple managing it could have been more helpful or nicer. The next time we get within 100 miles of Denison we will be staying there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed one night here in September on my holidays from Scotland UK. the lady at the reception was very friendly and helpful. I stayed in a quaint "fishing" themed room which was spotlessly clean with a new large flat screen tv. The bed was large and comfy and I had a wonderful night sleep. overall a very nice experience
I love these old style family run motels and always try and stay in one when touring in the USA

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo