“Really nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Decorah
Overland Park, Kansas
“Really nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is close to a new bike and jogging trail that is just gorgeous. We were there for a visit to Luther College. Room was nice and quiet, breakfast just fine. The staff at the desk was particularly helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We've seen now a bunch of Quality Inn hotels on our trip, and while the 'quality' of these establishments vary dramatically, this is certainly on of the best ones we ever stayed at! Check in staff was super friendly, everything was clean and up to scratch, even the breakfast offered some variety over and above the usual cereals... would stay here again...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here on a Friday night with toddlers. The room we got was the King suite with the pull out beds so 4 people could be accomodated. The room was clean and it was quiet throughout the evening, especially given how many folks we saw at the breakfast room the next morning. The king bed was extremely comfortable, but the pullout had a very weak, thin mattress. Originally we were going to have a kid/adult to each bed, but after laying out on the pullout, they both got the pullout and us the King. I'd pity anyone trying to sleep on that pullout mattress. Breakfast was what I'd term the standard breakfast fare. The pool was a tad cool, but the kids loved it. All in all I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Avarel
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed 1 nite on a hot July Nite for the Gregg Brown benefit concert at Seed Savers. I thought the motel was clean and inviting but was a ways out of town so you need a car. The breakfast was your typical fare, nothing speclal. The beds were very comfortable and I slept well. I never got the cookie because they made them at 4:45 and I was touring downtown and were gone when I returned.

Room Tip: Book early they fill up.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

One of the cleaner Quality Inns I have stayed in. The staff was friendly, and the entire property was well kept up. Seemed a bit more expensive than I am used to, but I usually stay in hotels next to major freeways, where there are many more competitors. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed here for a quick overnight conference stay. Front desk staff were pleasant and check-in was smooth. Room was comfortable enough. Everything is close in this community so easy to find restaurants etc. No elevator if you have tons of luggage.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I spent 3 nights at this hotel while visiting the Decorah Eagles. I am so happy I chose this hotel. I had a corner King suite with sitting area. A great place for gathering with friends. The room was beautiful. The king bed was very comfortable. I can't say enough about the housekeeping staff. My room was spotless when I arrived and when I returned home each day, the room looked as if I was just checking in. I brought a small clip on fan but could not find a spot to clip it to. I came back one day to find the housekeeper had moved one of the nightstands and clipped the fan onto it. Two newspapers were left on my coffee table each day where I enjoyed my breakfast. Each room has a mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave.

I brought my own breakfast food, but the hotel had biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit such as apples or bananas, waffle maker and assorted cereals, yogurt, breads and juice. The breakfast room was very clean and inviting. They also had fresh popcorn and cookies each evening. I only have one recommendation - the coffee in the breakfast room is so weak you can see through it. It may be an Iowa thing because when I stopped at a nearby gas station, their coffee was also very weak. I had to use 2 coffee packets in my in room coffee maker in order to have coffee that tasted more like home to me. Other than that, it was a perfect stay with great staff - all very friendly and helpful. I want to commend Bonnie who assisted me over the phone and was just as pleasant in person.

I will not stay anywhere else when I return to Decorah!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decorah
Country Inn By Carlson, Decorah
#4 of 4 in Decorah
Dug Road Inn
Dug Road Inn
#1 of 3 in Decorah

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Decorah? Share your experiences!