“Wow”

Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Decorah
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We would be glad to welcome you to sample our extensive menu of Authentic Mexican food! We serve great authentic Mexican food, fast and friendly service, reasonable prices and clean place!!
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a quick lunch. Large servings and some of the best tasting Mexican good I have had anyplace, the salsa is great and the chips just right.

There are newer reviews for Don Jose Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We're from Chicago and have mexican food a lot and we were very surprised at the quality of good at Don Jose's! Kids were happy. Little outside porch for dining in summer months. Try it.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've eaten at Mexican restaurants all over the country and other places, but having seen the write-ups on TA I had a certain level of expectation. It did not make it. The food was OK, but nothing special. If you like Mexican and this being the only one for at least 50 miles - go for it. But know you should not expect what you will get in an area that has a great number of options.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The family that runs Don Jose makes eating there a real treat. They are wonderfully kind, attentive people, and the service is always outstanding. Their menu is extensive and food is good quality and large portions. This is Tex-Mex more than authentic Mexican, but it compares well with other similar Mexican restaurants in the Midwest. The prices are a bit on the high side, but portions and service make the experience worthwhile.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with a group of six people and we had a relaxing time in their outside area. The temperature cooled off just enough. The food is very good and the portions are large so bring an appetite. I easily could have shared the delicious burrito I ordered with my wife. Also, the Cadillac Margaritas are very tasty!