“Breakfast was good!”

Cuisines: American
Chicago, Illinois
“Breakfast was good!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Had breakfast here one morning, it was very good. The omelet and hash browns. Oddly, I had home-make bread too. So, good was the bread, I purchased 9 cinnamon rolls to go!

Visited June 2012

Hanover Park, Illinois
“Ruby's What a Great Place......”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The food is excellent. The staff is warm and friendly. It’s truly the best place in Iowa for breakfast. Try the waffles, pancakes, or your standard bacon and eggs. The food is fresh and delicious. I go to Decorah a couple of times a year for a few days. There is simply no better breakfast fare and their lunches are great as well. I have eaten a variety of items off the menu and I have never been disappointed. They are one of the few restaurants left that make you feel right at home.

I have met the owner, his wife, and son all truly wonderful people. When in Decorah you must give Ruby’s a try. I assure you, you’ll go more than once like I do.

• Visited April 2012
Decorah, Iowa
“OK Cafe”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Um, well, what can you say/ Its a place to go if the hotel next door's continental doesn't do it for you.

Visited July 2011
Galena,IL
“Amazing, authentic Norwegian favorites and good home cooked food”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We often travel through Decorah, but never seemed to arrive when Ruby's was open. That changed a few weeks ago, and from now on, we will make it a point to drive through Decorah when Ruby's is open. We have stopped there 3 times now and each was great. The home baked goods are wonderful, especially the caramel rolls, norwegian rye bread and rosettes. They also serve lefse and rommergrot. If you are in town to visit the Vesterheim Museum and explore your Norwegian roots, you simply must stop at Ruby''s,but be sure to arrive before 3:00pm. Try the omelets, hot beef sandwich and soups too. Now we don't need to wait for Christmas to enjoy Norwegian treats.

• Visited October 2011