“Clean and Friendly”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Decorah
Maplewood, Minnesota
“Clean and Friendly”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was in Decorah, IA for work and chose to stay at the Country Inn and would stay there again, but I did have a few issues when stayed there. The positives: the room was clean, modern, service was good and breakfast was good with many choices. The negatives: them room heater was very loud and woke me up two times when it kicked on over night, the breakfast was under stocked and the hotel was under staffed in morning to maintain the items on the breakfast buffet.
I can give them a pass on the breakfast as it looked like there was a lot of guests that were leaving the just before I got to breakfast. They were unprepared to replace many of the items they were serving. I was ok with what was served but some other guests were a littled peeved by having to wait a few minutes for each item to be brought out separtely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank afiskness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
sheffield
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I travel frequently and find myself in Decorah. The Country Inn & Suites is more like a second home to me. Anytime I need something out of the ordinary silverware for use in the room, documents faxed, printing, supplies for special presentations and meetings, the staff has always been so accomdating and helpful. I had asked a catalog be sent to foreign national here in the states for a brief period of time, so he and his family could choose different locations to stay at Carlson hotels, the staff at Decorah sent a catalog right out. I often find my self with lots of work to do in hotel stays but find it easier when in Decorah.

Room Tip: Always be courteous and thankful for the room you get.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Allen W
Southern California
Reviewed August 18, 2012

As part of our Midwest road trip, we ended up at this hotel at the last minute, in a handicapped-accessible room. No problem! We've stayed with Country Inn before and this one was good for us. It started off well because there were chocolate chip cookies near the check-in desk! Always a plus, especially for my choco-haulic hubby! Our room was very clean, smelled good, and we were able to get the Olympics on the TV and wi-fi for our laptops. Check and check. The bathroom was spacious with bars around, which really was the only way we could tell that it was a handicapped room. I actually appreciate having the bars around; they come in handy! The expanded breakfast was typical and tasted good, so no complaints there. We also were able to grab a cookie on the way out. Cool! What an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Urbandale, Iowa, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great little hotel. Staff was very helpful, courteous and helped with my business needs. Good, free breakfast. Nice selection and fresh food.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

We were in Iowa for one day on a return trip from the Up of Michigan for my Gfs dad services, I have family in Iowa they came to visit us at the hotel kids loved the pool, staff went out of their way to help us

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Alaskatravler1
Waterloo, Ia
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This hotel was very accommodating during a recent week long stay in Decorah, due to my mother's stroke and death. Family came from all over and they held rooms, canceled rooms and all in all, took very good care of us. The hotel is clean and the breakfast is full of many choices. The lobby is very nice to visit with larger groups.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JDWLOO
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I booked a block of 4 rooms and arrived with a confirmation. They apologized, but could not honor the reservation! I had stayed there before, but no reason to now! Stay down the road at Hearland Inn...not 'quite' as nice, but double the value.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank needbulls
Also consider these accommodations in or near Decorah
Quality Inn & Suites Decorah
#4 of 5 in Decorah
Dug Road Inn
Dug Road Inn
#1 of 3 in Decorah

Been to Country Inn By Carlson, Decorah? Share your experiences!