“Good lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Galena IL
“Good lunch”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had looked a reviews for our trip and this sounded like a good choice. So it turned out to be. I had a Reuben; quite possibly the best I've ever had (I appreciated the wheatberry bread versus the more traditional rye) and a cup of tomato soup. My spouse had a tomato tart (with cheese). The tomatoes used were local heirloom varieties and you got real tomato taste. We thought about the dinner menu for the evening but, given one night, thought we'd save it for another trip. It looked very interesting and reasonably priced.

Visited October 2013

south dakota
“Fabulous restaurant”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ate at La Rana, based on the description on the Winnesheik County Visitors Website. It really didn't do it justice. The building is very modest, but the food and service is just spectacular. My wife has the quail specialty of the day, and I had the pork tenderloin plat. They were some of the most delicious meals we have had in many a month. The wine list is not extensive, but it does pair well with the dinner choices. Service was congenial, but not overbearing and efficient. We would not only recommend La Rana, but we also hope to return in the near future.

Visited October 2013
Waukon, Iowa
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

A friend and I went to La Rana's today. She and I went to discuss plans for an upcoming baby shower and to try out this restaurant. I was struck first by the wonderful ambiance and service. Our waitress started over to us immediately, saw we were in the middle of a discussion, and didn't interrupt us (sweet). I ordered the Trout Entree...it was delicious! (and the combination of taste within the entree was very creative) I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Restaurant in Decorah”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Recommended to us by locals. Excellent selection of wine and beer, friendly service, warm atmosphere.

Emphasis on locally sourced meats, vegetables and fruits. Light seasoning did not overwhelm the taste of the meats.

We returned for dinner after enjoying lunch.

• Visited September 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Local favorite with fresh, creative tastes and wonderful beer selection.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A local favorite with an impressive beer and wine list. Food is local and organic that is expertly and creatively prepared.

• Visited September 2013

Been to La Rana? Share your experiences!