“Charming find”

Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Decorah
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I had taken a trip to Decorah, just on a whim. We found this place accidently. It was not on the main road. We just decided to walk down the sides of the main shops to see what was down the street. We looked up and saw this small cafe. We figured it was rather charming, so we went in.
I had line caught Mahi Mahi, my husband ordered the tips. We enjoyed our food so much that we couldn't even think to order dessert for fear of losing the flavor that was left from our food.
I would definitely go back, and I have been telling everyone I know about this treasure in the middle of Iowa. Yes, it was on the expensive side, but quality products were used. We expected it. Locally raised and grown product were used for the majority of the ingredients (Mahi Mahi is not something that can be raised in Iowa, sorry folks).

2  Thank AubreyAlise09

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We have enjoyed La Rana many times while visiting Decorah. It is consistently excellent, using fresh local ingredients the chef is a master!

2  Thank Norwegiancats
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I sat at the bar for dinner and am so happy I did! The owner suggested a couple of dishes - I went with the Lamb Sliders and they were absolutely delicious. Bonus was chatting with a local couple who were celebrating a birthday. Loved the food and the atmosphere. Thank you for making my trip so enjoyable!

2  Thank travelingwurd
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I believe that La Rana could be successful in any town in the United States..the food was fabulous and the atmosphere had so much character. We dined at another restaurant in town the second night and wished we had returned to La Rana. Service was great, and we sat in a comfortable booth. I would be shocked to see a review of less than 5 stars for this place.

1  Thank chrisbarlow
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The sophisticated and creative menu offers a wonderful variety. One of the best margaritas I've ever had. The setting is fairly spartan, but lovely and intimate. Have only been there for dinner, but have always left happy!

2  Thank Susan P

Been to La Rana? Share your experiences!