“iowa”

Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Davenport
Atlanta, Georgia
“iowa”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

The room was comfortable but getting to it had to go through a fog of cigarette smoke. And the towels were damp feeling. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they were clean. They looked and smelled clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

qisgeneralmanager, Director of Sales at Knights Inn Davenport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your honest review. I am currently checking to see why you would had to walk through Smoke as we have moved our smoking rooms up to the 2nd floor and placed them towards the back of the building. I terribly apologize about that. I will also be speaking to housekeeping about the towels.

We hope to see you again on your return visit to Davenport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lake Orion, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

This was my last night of a long road trip and just wanted the cheapest room I could find and settled on this place. There was fighting in the parking lot all night long and guys checking for unlocked cars. Prostitutes were walking the alley behind the travelodge. Needless to say it is not the safest place to stay. Its like a mini flint in a parking lot. When I went to check out the next morning the lady at the front desk was trying to con money out of me. She had a half-thought out story about how my card didn't go through the night prior (even though I had gotten a notification from my bank that night when the funds went through). Then demanded I pay for the room in cash, when I finally got so worked up and said I was calling the police the funds mysteriously went through.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the property, however I was able to research your stay in the system, and the last time you stayed with the property was back in 2013. We recently took over the hotel a few weeks after your stay, and have changed out the staff that was working at the hotel.

Since taking over the hotel we have been doing the maintenance and cleaning required along with working with area law enforcement to keep our guests safe.

I would like for you to try us out again the next time you are in the area so you can see how things have changed.
Janesville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

the place was filthy stained carpets no screens in the windows so you couldn't open windows way too many people hanging out in parking lot looking like they were up to no good people hanging out their windows yelling back and forth asked for an extra pillow was told I needed to ask for one a lot sooner I travel a lot for work and am used to staying in budget priced hotels but because of this one experience it will be the last Travelodge I stay at I would not recommend anyone to ever stay here

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from this hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rob R
I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory, and we are working with the staff on the issues that were mentioned in your review along with working with local law enforcement to clear out the unwanted guests out of the area. One thing we can say, with our employees patrolling the parking lot, and inside the hotel we have had no safety issue, or cars that have been broken into.

Your security is our 1st most concern.

We hope you give us a 2nd try the next time you are in the area.
Branson, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Could have used a little more cleaning around the edges of the floor, and a couple of spots on the ceiling where the paint was coming off.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

qisgeneralmanager, Director of Sales at Knights Inn Davenport, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you very much for the review of our property and your stay. I will definitely address these concerns with our hotel manager and housekeeping. Reviews like yours is what helps us improve our service daily for our other guests.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Okay for a night, if you're basically just trying to sleep and shower. Water pressure was great. Room itself needed a good vacuuming. Not sure why they wouldn't do it regularly, unless it was that the carpet was so bad it just looked liked it hadn't been vacuumed. That didn't really bother me, but made sure to keep socks on.

Linens okay, no burn holes. TV had a lot of channels. Very small room. I didn't feel 'dirty' but I wouldn't want a child climbing around this room. Hotel itself was decent, very safe feeling, not noisy.

They do have a waffle breakfast, with the usual cereal, etc., and the shower did have shampoo and conditioner, as well as a coffee maker in the room. So since all the hotels were the same price - $39.99 - those earn a few bonus points.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
qisgeneralmanager, Director of Sales at Knights Inn Davenport, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you very much for your honest review. There was an issue with the vacuum cleaners and we issued our housekeeping staff new ones. Its reviews like yours that help us improve our property for our guests in the future.