“BAD cleanning job, busted tv remote, tolet keep flushing allnight.”

Knights Inn Davenport
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Brewster
“BAD cleanning job, busted tv remote, tolet keep flushing allnight.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

half a## cleanning, busted remote,noisy room, tolet kept running 1st night, busted coffe pot. REALLY DID NOT LIKE NOT HAVING A SNIK IN BATHROOM! LOTS OF YOUNG PEOPLE HANGING AROUND!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was driving on I-80 heading home to Nebraska when I pulled into this Travelodge before I passed out on the highway. I should have left the second I walked into the door and was greeted by a strong odor of marijuana and a sign saying something about homeless people stealing coffee (seriously), but I was too tired to care. I stepped up to the counter to be stared down by some girl who is obviously underpaid and overworked, and quite rude to boot. Whatever, I'm not a picky person and this place is relatively cheap, or so I thought.

I walked into my non smoking room and was accosted by a blend of mildew, stale cigarette smoke, and heat. The room was like a preheated oven because they apparently keep the air conditioning units off during the middle of the summer - yes, great cost cutting measures, management. The bedspread in my non-smoking room had cigarette burns and the sheets were filthy (perhaps another cost cutting measure?). When asked to be moved to a new room with clean bedding, you would think I asked this poor girl to sign over her life savings.

Anyways, the second room was no better but I didn't want to deal with the girl at the desk at this point. I also think I had a slight contact high from the marijuana venting throughout the building so I decided to try and sleep for a couple of hours before heading back on the highway.

The free breakfast was a disgrace. Nothing remotely healthy: no fruit, only the typical carbohydrate-loaded offerings of stale bagels and cereal. I tried to check my e-mail on the free "high speed internet" before I left but after three minutes of trying to load it I just gave up and contemplated where I went wrong in my life to be at this hotel.

Please do yourself a favor when you see this non-oasis on the side of the road: keep driving. Save your $55 and power through the sleep deprivation. If you want to brave it and you're up on your tetanus shots, feel free to stay here, but just know you've been warned!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Davenport hotels

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel reaked of smoke and was dirty.. there was a lady at the desk with short brown hair claiming she was manager so I told her I wanted my money back because my room was so dirty. The sheets wernt changed and the bedspread looked like its never seen a washer. There was even a pair of underwear in the bathroom behind the door. She told me I was out of luck and she wasn't gonna give me my money back and she didn't even offer me a new room! I just left anyways! I would never ever stay here again nor would I tell my worst enemy to stay here! Don't stay! Yuck!

• Stayed August 2013
Hillsboro, OR
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I booked my room through Expedia for 8 days, thinking it was like other companies. Most places take your credit card number and then you pay when you stay. The credit card usually guarantees that you will have the rooms for those 8 days. And doesn't get charged until you have stayed there. Well, I had booked the room because I was going to visit my 99 year old Mother who is in a nursing home there. In the meantime, Mom decided to move to another nursing care facility in another place close to my sister. I ended up only staying 4 days. The people at Travelodge stated when I checked in that I wouldn't have any trouble getting the money back for the other 4 days from Expedia. They said they would give me a receipt when I checked out and all I would have to do would be to write Expedia and it would happen. However, when I checked there was someone else at the counter and he told me they couldn't give me a receipt and that I probably wouldn't get my money back. So now I have to try to get it back without paper to back it up. Wish me luck. However. I don't believe I will ever use Expedia again. And the Travelodge was one of the worse places I ever stayed and won't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Des Moines
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our stay was short and simple, walls are very thin. Our non smoking had cigarette burns on comforter and sheet, and a used wash cloth wag hanging on the shower curtain rail. The breakfast was very basic which was expected but some fresh apples, oranges, or even bananas would have been nice.
The person that checked US in was very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family