“Don't stay”

Knights Inn Davenport
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel reaked of smoke and was dirty.. there was a lady at the desk with short brown hair claiming she was manager so I told her I wanted my money back because my room was so dirty. The sheets wernt changed and the bedspread looked like its never seen a washer. There was even a pair of underwear in the bathroom behind the door. She told me I was out of luck and she wasn't gonna give me my money back and she didn't even offer me a new room! I just left anyways! I would never ever stay here again nor would I tell my worst enemy to stay here! Don't stay! Yuck!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I booked my room through Expedia for 8 days, thinking it was like other companies. Most places take your credit card number and then you pay when you stay. The credit card usually guarantees that you will have the rooms for those 8 days. And doesn't get charged until you have stayed there. Well, I had booked the room because I was going to visit my 99 year old Mother who is in a nursing home there. In the meantime, Mom decided to move to another nursing care facility in another place close to my sister. I ended up only staying 4 days. The people at Travelodge stated when I checked in that I wouldn't have any trouble getting the money back for the other 4 days from Expedia. They said they would give me a receipt when I checked out and all I would have to do would be to write Expedia and it would happen. However, when I checked there was someone else at the counter and he told me they couldn't give me a receipt and that I probably wouldn't get my money back. So now I have to try to get it back without paper to back it up. Wish me luck. However. I don't believe I will ever use Expedia again. And the Travelodge was one of the worse places I ever stayed and won't stay there again.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our stay was short and simple, walls are very thin. Our non smoking had cigarette burns on comforter and sheet, and a used wash cloth wag hanging on the shower curtain rail. The breakfast was very basic which was expected but some fresh apples, oranges, or even bananas would have been nice.
The person that checked US in was very nice.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Although I was leery from other reviews, I went ahead and booked 2 hotel rooms: one for my parents and another for my best friend. The rooms were clean. Its no 5 star hotel, but I think it was fine. It was a place my parents and friend could sleep while not doing something around town. They were here for my graduation from Nursing school and my wedding. Breakfast wasn't over the top but there was fruit offered along with cereal and pancakes. Best part: No Bed Bugs! Hotel is literally right across the street from Thunder Bay Grille where the reception for my wedding took place. I think hotel should play up on this aspect since this is a great 4-5 star restaurant.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Super 8 Davenport
#4 of 6 in Bettendorf
La Quinta Inn Davenport
La Quinta Inn Davenport
#17 of 26 in Davenport

Been to Knights Inn Davenport? Share your experiences!