“Definitely recommend this hotel”

Fairfield Inn Davenport
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Western NY
“Definitely recommend this hotel”
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Stayed for 5 days in December for a family emergency and funeral. Mike Kramer, General Manager, was very helpful with rates, etc. Very comfortable room and accommodations. Great beds. Refrigerator and microwave in each of our rooms. Front Desk service was quick and efficient. We had several double queen rooms and one king suite. The suite was large with king bed and separate sitting area with sofa and coffee table. Bathroom in some rooms was smaller than in others. Kids used the pool. Lots of chlorine. Breakfast was decent. Microwave with frozen breakfast sandwiches. Free internet in lobby to print boarding passes. Free wifi in rooms.

Plus, I was Guest of the Day on my day of arrival. I was excited until I received the gift bag of one bottle of water and a small bag of Cheetos. Kind of disappointing.

Access to the hotel can be confusing. You have to pull into the John Keady Auto Dealership and drive around to the back of their parking lot to access the hotel driveways.

Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Great beds and nice room
  • Disliked — confusing access to the parking lot
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York
Reviewed September 12, 2008

I was travelling for business and had the pleasure of staying at the Fairfield Inn Davenport. I had a king room (huge for just me) and it was pleasently laid out. The room was SPOTLESS!!!!!!!!! They really pride themselves on keeping these rooms clean. The free wi-fi was a nice touch and let me keep in touch with work while I was on travel.

The breakfast bar was nice, nothing fancy... they did have make your own waffles, along with a nice spread of breads, bagels, danishes, and Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches.

I also wanted to add that the general manager was very pleasant. He took time to speak with me at the breakfast bar over a cup of coffee.

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel and DEFINITELY will stay here during future visits to Davenport.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Michigan
Reviewed March 30, 2008

Another solid find from the Trip Advisor website. As stated in other reviews the Hotel is clean the pool with hot tub area is nice and well kept and the breakfast was better then average.

As a frequent traveler I enjoy the latest trend in regards to the extra plush beds with the many pillow options. I had a king bed with six pillows which were all different from firm to fluffy. It appears they make a real effort to make your stay comfortable which it was.

The hotel is not a walkers paradise as it sits between a Freeway and a GM dealership as well as other businesses so a car is a must as the only restaurant I noticed within walking distance was a Red Lobster.

If in the area this hotel would be my first choice as it is comfortable and safe.

Happy Travels,

Fire

• Liked — Safe and Clean
  • Disliked — PET PEEVE: Why do people like to let the doors slam in Hotels. HINT: If you close the door behind you like at home you will not wake the whole floor! {SIGH}
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank firestalker
kalmazoo, mi
Reviewed March 23, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed at this hotel during a Friday and Saturday night. One of the biggest pluses of this hotel is the continental breakfast offered. The variety was excellent and all of the items I had were fresh. Another attractive feature is its central location to plenty of other restaurants and shopping options. Rooms were clean and hotel smelled good (this is a very important feature for me).

A couple of minor items to note: 1) I did expect a shower cap and lotion to be included with the toiletries provided and 2) each time the rooms on either side of us or above us turned on their showers, there was a loud clicking noise that could be heard in our room. This noise did get a little irritating, especially early in the morning or later at night, but we adjusted.

This is definitely a hotel I would stay at again if I'm in the Davenport, Iowa area again. The quality is fair for the rate.

Midwesterner with high expectations

• Liked — cleaniness, continental breakfast
  • Disliked — loud clicking noise when others in room adjacent showered
  • Stayed March 2008
streamwood, il
Reviewed March 20, 2008

We stayed at the Fairfield for one night. We checked in pretty late (after 10pm). The front desk clerk was efficient but not very friendly. I was choosen as one of the guests of the day and in our room we found a bottle of water and a bag of cookies with a note saying that if we needed anything we should call the front desk. The hotel and the room were clean which is VERY important to me, I felt comfortable staying there. The only negatives are that the walls were very thin and we were awoken very early in the morning a few times by other people's alam clocks, people banging on doors and slamming doors. The rest of the staff that we encountered were very friendly.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — It was noisy
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Oskaloosa, IA
Reviewed March 6, 2007

Our stay at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Davenport, IA was a very pleasant experience. The hotel staff were very capable and pleasant to deal with. Our rooms, the pool area and the lobby were all kept clean and neat, which to me, is the most important part of any stay. I traveled with my parents, my husband and our small children and we were all pleased with this hotel. Most hotels only serve starchy carbohydrates on their continental breakfeast, so my mother, who is diabetic, was especially gratefull for the hard boiled eggs they offered. They also served waffels you could make yourself, bagels, toast, cereal, mini muffins, doughnuts, juice and milk.

They only complaint I could have would be that I wasn't thrilled with the pillows. Though they give you plenty of pillows on the bed they just weren't right for me. But my mother said she had absolutely no problem with them. Also, the pool area is a little small, but it was clean and that is the most important thing. My son had a wonderful time swimming!

All in all, I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to anyone!

Stayed March 2007
Sacramento, California
Reviewed January 27, 2007

This motel was adequate, for the business traveler. Very comfortable beds, (with many pillows, like any Fairfield/Marriott). Clean rooms & lobby. Helpful desk staff, and good breakfast w/multiple foods available.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank Favre440
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hampton Inn Davenport
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Days Inn & Suites Davenport East
Baymont Inn & Suites Davenport
Courtyard Bettendorf Quad Cities

Been to Fairfield Inn Davenport? Share your experiences!