“Last Hotel on our Trip”

La Quinta Inn Davenport
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed September 15, 2009

This was the last hotel stay on our trip (the 4th one) I had seen the worst and the best. We were happy enough with this hotel. It had comfortable beds, basic breakfast similar to 2 of the others we stayed in (the 3rd didn't have any). It is a little tired and worn but no bad smells. Only big issue was the cable tv had bad reception. We could have moved rooms but that was more trouble that it was worth as we spent little time watching tv. You can access Golds Gym during stay for free with room key, and they have a fitness center and indoor pool. Pets are FREE!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Shanan A

Reviewed June 21, 2009

This is a former Hampton inn, but the property is getting tired and in need of some investment maintenance. Overall, it's less expensive than the other hotels in the area, the beds were tollerable and the staff was friendly. But there were obvious issues like having a plunger next to the toilet in our room - that doesn't leave a good impression. Or a toilet that the lever needs to be held down for 15 seconds to make sure it flushes. An outside ingress door that says "locked fr your protection" but wasn't locked and the key swipe device was gone leaving exposed wires. There were food bits in the elevator when we arrived that were gone when we left so the elevator had been vacuumed. But there was other bits of stuff that were on the elevator floor when we arrived that were still there when we left - so it wasn't vacuumed well.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich-in-MO
Reviewed January 2, 2009

The staff was wonderful. They were very helpful and willing to accomodate our family. The facilities have been renovated (comfortable beds), but certain areas still need some work (the pool area).

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed September 27, 2008

This property was more than adequate for my one night stay. Was within a few mile drive from more shopping than you could desire, plus only about 5 miles down to the riverfront for myriad of entertainment choices. Room was spotless and all items were in working order. King room had a large work desk, plus a comfy arm chair in corner if you wanted to watch TV somewhere other than the bed. Breakfast was your normal Make you own waffles, hard boiled eggs, plus buscuits and hot country gravy...along with your normal pastry products. There is an indoor pool but cannot comment on its condition as I did not use. Can you find more luxurious accomodations?...absolutely. But if you simply need a clean well appointed room, this is perfectly fine.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2008

The first night I stayed was covered by accumulated rewards points, however, I got charged on my credit card (twice) AND I had paid for 6 nights in cash for the remainder of the week. My free night got charged to me three times (once on the cash I had paid and run through my credit card twice). When I first approached the front desk and politely requested they take care of the issue, they did absolutely nothing. I returned a second time and spent approximately 1.5 hours trying to get the mess straightened out. It took 1.5 hours because so many other people kept coming up to the desk to check out and had to have their bill straightened out. The manager was completely indifferent and did nothing to help. I have never had such a horrible abuse of my credit card EVER. It didn't seem that one individual who worked at the desk knew anything and most were completely indifferent to the issue. It is not worth the headache to try and get the bill straightened out! I thought I had everything straightened before I left the hotel, only to come home and see that they had charged my credit card for the full amount AGAIN! Needless to say, if you do stay at this hotel, keep your receipts because you will need them so you can dispute the charges on your credit card.

It was not worth the misery to deal with all of the screw ups, find somewhere else to stay with competent personnel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2008

I stayed here for three nights while attending a conference in a downtown hotel (where they were charging a lot for a room). I had
prepaid through Expedia and got a good rate. I had no problems here: the hotel is in a good suburban location near plenty of places to eat; the breakfast spread was very good and even available on the morning I left at 4:30AM; the room was clean; the small fitness room was fine; the high-speed wireless internet was free and strong; and I didn't have to wait for the coin-op laundry. It is a short drive to downtown Davenport and close to I-80 and I-74.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2008

I dont think you can get a better nights stay in the Quad Cities for under 80.00 a night. The Laquinta is in my opinion the staple of what budget Hotel stays are all about. We stayed for 2 nights and payed 75.00 a night. The rooms are plush and pampered with all the ammenities of a royal nights stay. The rooms are spacious and decorated beautifully. Especially the window treatments. Never seen such care givin to the little details of room decor. Very impressed. The beds were also very soft and cozy, didnt want to leave my room, but had to check out the fitness room and triple sized indoor pool. along with the 24 hour gourmet coffee and the 4 star breakfast, my stay at the Laquinta was the highlight of my buisness trip. I highly reccomend staying there.

Stayed: January 2008