I stayed here three nights on a business trip in early May. The trip went well and I give this hotel a positive recommendation.
First of all, remember that this is a La Quinta, not the Ritz Carlton. The building is an older facility, but it has been remodeled and is in good condition. The room was clean, the floor had been vacuumed properly, and there was nothing untoward in the bathroom. The bed sheets were clean and the bed cover did not have any unusual stains or smells. The mattress is firm and comfortable.
The internet connection is very fast and reliable. The front desk staff was not particularly friendly, but they weren't mean or surly or anything negative. Check-in was extremely quick and efficient.
Breakfast was typical: fruit, cereal, waffles, decent biscuits and gravy, orange juice, coffee, tea. The soda machine was properly stocked. The swimming pool appeared clean although I didn't swim in it myself. There is also a small exercise room. There are also several good eating options close by.
If I'm looking for something to nitpick, it would be nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room, and the TV is an older model with a fuzzy picture. However, those are extremely minor issues and an artifact of when this facility was built. You also get what you pay for, and this room was cheaper than many similar options. I have certainly spent a lot more money in the past for much crappier rooms in other towns.
Overall, I recommend this facility for anyone traveling through the Quad Cities. Business travelers or families looking for a place to spend a comfortable night or two should be pleased with this motel. If you are going to be here for longer than three days and want more amenities in the room, you might consider someplace else. However, you can't beat the La Quinta Davenport for the price, and I will definitely return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our La Quinta Inn Davenport hotel offers all the amenities and possibilities you could need. Choose from a variety of guest rooms including King room, King room with sofa bed, 2 queen beds, and 1 King with microwave and mini-fridge. All rooms are equipped with in-room coffee maker, and 32" HDTV. Utilize our complimentary WiFi to get your work done throughout the hotel. Start your day off right with our complimentary hot breakfast buffet that includes waffles, eggs, sausage, gravy and biscuits, fresh fruit, yogurt, and cereal. Relax in the lobby while waiting for a friend or gather around the 50" TV cheering on your favorite team. Other property amenities include indoor heated pool, fitness center, free parking, and business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Quinta Inn Davenport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Davenport Hotel Davenport
- La Quinta Davenport
- La Quinta Hotel Davenport
- Davenport La Quinta