“Very good value for the price”

La Quinta Inn Davenport
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here three nights on a business trip in early May. The trip went well and I give this hotel a positive recommendation.

First of all, remember that this is a La Quinta, not the Ritz Carlton. The building is an older facility, but it has been remodeled and is in good condition. The room was clean, the floor had been vacuumed properly, and there was nothing untoward in the bathroom. The bed sheets were clean and the bed cover did not have any unusual stains or smells. The mattress is firm and comfortable.

The internet connection is very fast and reliable. The front desk staff was not particularly friendly, but they weren't mean or surly or anything negative. Check-in was extremely quick and efficient.

Breakfast was typical: fruit, cereal, waffles, decent biscuits and gravy, orange juice, coffee, tea. The soda machine was properly stocked. The swimming pool appeared clean although I didn't swim in it myself. There is also a small exercise room. There are also several good eating options close by.

If I'm looking for something to nitpick, it would be nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room, and the TV is an older model with a fuzzy picture. However, those are extremely minor issues and an artifact of when this facility was built. You also get what you pay for, and this room was cheaper than many similar options. I have certainly spent a lot more money in the past for much crappier rooms in other towns.

Overall, I recommend this facility for anyone traveling through the Quad Cities. Business travelers or families looking for a place to spend a comfortable night or two should be pleased with this motel. If you are going to be here for longer than three days and want more amenities in the room, you might consider someplace else. However, you can't beat the La Quinta Davenport for the price, and I will definitely return here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FDRLincoln
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Davenport

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The room was nothing spectacular, but it was clean, and we slept well because it was quiet. Breakfast was included, which is always nice. It was your standard cereal, rolls, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc. They did have a waffle maker, though, which always makes me happy! Overall decent stay for a good price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
LQDavenportGM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your response about your stay at the LaQuinta Inn & Conference Center Davenport!
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and the comfort of our guests.
We are looking into expanding our breakfast choices to include a wider variety of selections and hopefully some more hot items! I am glad you enjoyed the waffles I know that they are a favorite of many!
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Wabash, Indiana, USA
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stay here all the time for business. It's a great clean place to stay with a great price. It's been newly renovated. The front desk girls are great also. Close to many good eating places. We have stayed in LaQuinta in other towns also that have been very good. We will be staying here upon every visit back to Davenport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I ended up staying here on a business trip and was absolutely floored with the level of hospitality the staff provided. My room was always clean and taken care of by housekeeping and I could see the pride they took every day. The breakfast provided every morning was always tip top from the fresh fruit, waffles, biscuits and gravy, and many other items I enjoyed the quality was always there. The property has a very nice pool and work out facilities as well. But the staff was what really made a difference for me. Everyone was so friendly and engaging. They all had a smile on there face and were quick to say hello and ask how I was. The entire staff did this including Maintenance, Housekeeping, and the Front Desk Staff. And speaking of the front desk they don't get much better than Sue and Michael. I will definitely be staying here again and recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
LQDavenportGM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our hotel!
We take great pride in making sure each and every guest has a warm and welcoming stay. I will be sure to let my whole staff know about your stay and thank them. I do believe that they are the ones that make the hotel what it is, and I am very proud to have them on my team.
We look forward to you coming back and visiting us soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is an older hotel with dark wooden doors and popcorn ceilings. The tv's are not yet flat screen. They have not updated to new bedding yet. Old yucky multicolored bedspreads ! Our bill was higher than our confirmed booked rate. They corrected that. Old bathroom fixtures as well. Not one I would stay at again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Nance12
LQDavenportGM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay here at the LaQuinta Inn in Davenport Iowa. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less then favoriable. We have just completed the first part of our remodle which is carpet, painting, looby, and conference center. The second part will include the TV's and the bedding. We are very excited that we have the first areas completed and are looking forward to the the second. We hope that on your next visit everything will be completed and you will be as excited with the renovations as we are.
Thank you again for choosing LaQuinta Inn, where everyones stay is an important one.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here along time ago and was very surprised when I stopped back in April! The updates are great! New lobby, new carpets, new updates in the room, even new management! Very nice service. I will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Exceptional La Quinta. Very welcoming staff including warm chocolate chip cookies upon check in. Nice room with extremely comfortable bed. Nice pool area. Good breakfast. Microwave and mini fridge in room. Even the option to buy a frozen dinner if you don't feel like going out. Highly
recommended.