“Another Stellar Performance”

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Crestwood, Kentucky
“Another Stellar Performance”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I travel quarterly to the Davenport area for business purposes each quarter, and this Residence Inn is where I prefer to stay. The staff are excellent, housekeeping outstanding, and the breakfast/ evening meal done with care and quality in mind. My room was clean when I arrived. The hot tub worked great, and the exercise room clean and well stocked. See you again in April 2014.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bryan S, General Manager at Residence Inn Davenport, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thanks so much for the comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to seeing next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this particular Residence Inn for only one night. I chose this Marriott property mostly based on it's location directly off of Brady St and because it had availability for my last minute stay.

Check-in was quick and easy and the Guest Service Agent was friendly. The only thing I didn't care for was having to push a button for assistance, but I also understand that this isn't a full service property and they very seldom have many arrivals being an extended stay property.

The room was very nice and in great condition. It is very clear that they have completed some renovations which have left the rooms looking clean and modern. I agree with other travelers that the cabinets should have been replaced when remodeling the kitchens but the cabinets were in ok condition and didn't really affect my stay in any way. However, I do think that they should look into replacing their towels in the rooms. I had bath towels and hand towels that were noticeably whiter than others and also noticed that they had a different feel to them as well that I could only describe as "used". Possibly something to look into the next time they are placing a linen order.

Overall, a clean and pleasant stay and I would return if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed August 2013
Bryan S, General Manager at Residence Inn Davenport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We have addressed the issue with towels and are in the process of replacing them. Look forward to having you back again if in the area.
Kettering
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Staff: Bad start at check-in at 5 PM. Had to wait about 5 minutes for someone to show up at the desk to check us in. They have a doorbell button to push on the counter, but that didn't result in any quicker action. Breakfast attendant was exceptional.

Facility: Front entrance is two single doors with minimal space to maneuver, even with only one suitcase. Silly comment, but when exiting an elevator you expect signage as to where the rooms are. In this case the signs are next to the elevator door, which means you must first exit, then turn around to read the sign before heading to your room. Typical suite room was very nice, comfy bed & pillows, TVs worked great.

Cleanliness: Sorry, but the first thing I spot walking into the bathroom was a long black hair. Also had to move the dresser away from the wall slightly to plug in my DVD player - and it has not been cleaned back there in a long time.

Food: Based on previous stays at Residence Inns, we were anticipating a light dinner before heading out for evening activities. Turns out these are only served on Mon & Tue eves. I know restaurants & bowling alleys use this M&T gimmick to attract customers on slow days, but business & pleasure travelers can't play that game. I know, if I can afford a $140 room, I should be able to buy dinner - but it would have been a matter of convenience for us, not expense. Breakfast had a nice variety & quantity of food, but the scrambled eggs were from powder and the meat was a deli chipped ham kept warm in water. Satisfying, but nothing to get excited about.

Perhaps my disappointments are based on new corporate policies, I will find out since I'm staying at other Res Inns on this trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Davenport Residence Inn. We have addressed the issues you encountered during your stay to ensure that they do not happen in the future.
Denver
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I like to begin my reviews with a good report on the customer service and professionalism of the staff at Marriott porperties. This property is no exception! This is an older Residence Inn that had a face lift. The rooms and halls have the new carpet, new furniture and granite countertops. Unfortunately they cut costs by keeping the old cabinets and appliances. The rooms still look old as a result. Breakfast is standard RI fare and well presented. It is a straight shot to downtown Davenport. The ride takes about 10 minutes and traffic is light. My personal disappointment is over housekeeping. It does not appear that the housekeepers or the management look at the rooms to ensure they are clean. For instance, the mantel over the fireplace was filthy. Dusting takes just a little extra effort. Inspection takes a little more than that. I am grateful all the same that I was given a room upgrade :).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bryan S, Manager at Residence Inn Davenport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. We have addressed the areas of concern during your stay to ensure that they are taken care of and are no longer an issue for future stays.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 4 nights in July with my mother for a family wedding. Although I'm a MR plat member we were unable to get an upgrade to a two bed suite. Apparently this was the busiest weekend of the year. Linens for sleeper sofa were ragged. When I opened the mattress I found what looked like a mouse dropping. Popcorn under the mattress on sleeper sofa. They vacuumed under the mattress the next day. New appliances and countertops but very old and shabby cabinets in the kitchenette. Pots and pans had a raised center making it next to impossible to cook an egg on an ceramic cook top. I bought a cheap nonstick pan to use while we were there. Will not likely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Bryan S, Manager at Residence Inn Davenport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
We are sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay. We have noted the discrepancies you mentioned about your room and have taken measures to ensure they are corrected.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My stay last week was far better than I was hoping after reading some reviews. This is a Residence Inn. It's Marriott's mid-level hotel designed for long term. It's not a 5-star hotel and the price reflects this. BUT it is a very good place to lay my head. Our rooms were spotless. Beds comfortable and pillows numerous. Towels good. It was very easy access to the hotel from Interstate 80. I had free Wifi too! All things considered the price was an excellent value.
The manager was on the ball to note that several of his guests had early schedules and he had our breakfast hot and ready to eat a half an hour earlier than posted.
For a Residence Inn this was one of the better ones I have stayed at and I thank the staff for caring. It shows.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying for 8 nights and did not know what I had until I left and checked into a lower priced lodging facility nearby as it was more affordable. It is worth more than some of the nearby choices, just not 3 times more in my opinion.

The rooms are nicely sized, clean with good working equipment...refrigerator, MW, DW, cooktop, disposal, coffee maker.

I idi not partake in the morning breakfasts, but would assume they are good nor did I participate in the evening festivities.

The only thing that was annoying was the noise level of the a/c - heating unit. It was good and bad. On the bad side, it was loud. On the good side, it drowned out the sounds of crickets, or what I thought sounded like crickets. On the bad side, when the a/c-heat went off, it was really quiet.

The only other issue was the TV. It seems that it was on a dish type system and during my stay there was a lot of rain which affected the reception significantly. If you visit during clear skies, this should not be an issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bryan S, Manager at Residence Inn Davenport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate your comments and feedback, it helps us to become the best hotel we possibly can be.