“Great Stay”

Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 19, 2008

Great Room. "Balcony" door opened out to the atrium. There were several activities going on in the atrium and the restuarant below my door. The noise wasn't a bother when the door was closed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you bartender! I didn't care for the "Sleep Number Bed". Couldn't get comfortable. Thankful for the covered parking.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed November 6, 2008

This hotel was definately a good value for the price ($109). Our room was large, overlooked the atrium and was clean and updated. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were lumpy and very uncomfortable. I would stay here again, but bring my own pillow. We were there with a group and appreciated the large lobby which was great for visiting.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I stayed here overnight on business and would not hesitate to stay again - for business or pleasure. The hotel is conveniently located, within walking distance to a few more restaurants and a riverboat casino if you are looking for nightlife in Davenport, Iowa.

The rooms are comfortable and clean. My room overlooked the atrium and lobby; and was very quiet.

The restaurant is good - fine for breakfast and lunch - and room service for dinner was quick, and very customer service focused. They called about 5-10 minutes after delivery to check the order and see if I needed anything else.

The staff is fantastically pleasant. I checked it late at night, and everyone was still in such an upbeat mood. The shuttle driver actually offered to take me to my meeting the next morning when I asked him for directions. The woman in the gift shop was very pleasant as well. I have yet to stay someplace where everyone I ran into was friendly.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Lottie001
Reviewed July 7, 2008

I booked this hotel for the Mississippi Valley Blues fest, which was held on the street in front of the hotel this year due to flooding in the park. What a pleasure to be able to go back to my very comfortable room for snacks, potty, and breaks in the action. Things I liked: comfy Sleep Number bed/smooth sheets, lots of towels and pillows, large room., nice and dark, iron provided. Not so much: no mini fridge, loudness from atrium area (weddings both weekend nights), no bathroom exhaust fan, annoying TV menu (no channels until end of 2nd page of choices). Overall it was a positive experience, I will probably use this hotel again if I attend the festival next year.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank vivalasvegasIowa
Reviewed June 5, 2008

The Radisson is now the ONLY hotel in downtown Davenport. The Blackhawk Hotel closed in Feb 2006 following a fire and with the Howard Johnson's closed in April 2008, the Radisson is Davenport's only downtown hotel.

And it knows it.

Room rates are about twice what you would pay for a comparable hotel on 53rd St or I-74.

The hotel's bread & butter is third party pay; it caters for business people, weddings & events - situations where people don't care about the cost because someone else is paying or it is a "special occasion".

I stayed here because I was without a car and needed to be withing walking distance of downtown (as Davenport CitiBus is not up to much!)

I stayed in a Cityview Suite as I wanted a fridge & microwave. The room was adequate, but looks a little tired. Fixtures and fittings could use updating - big old CRT televisions hulking in the giant armoires, an old wheezy fridge with a badly sealed door, etc.

They make a big deal out of the "Sleep Number" beds (inflatable/adjustable), but it is nothing to write home about. I had it set on 100 (the max) and it was still too soft for me.

Service was OK, but again, nothing exemplary and nothing to justify charging twice the rate of other hotels. Suites were supposed to get "upgraded" toiletries, but they seemed to be the same as in any other room. Staff did not seem to know much of anything about downtown Davenport, the bus service etc. Pleasant enough; just not very knowledgeable.

The old Howard Johnson's/Clarion Hotel at 2nd & LeClaire is due to re-open as the Riverside Plaza Hotel in Spring 2009. I hope it will light a fire under the Radisson and give them some competition.

Oh, and would someone PLEASE take down that bundle of strings from an old bunch of balloons that has been tangled in the atrium of the Radisson for at least 4 years?

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank EFILWOL
Reviewed April 13, 2008

Loved this hotel. The things I most loved about it
1. The nice atmosphere that permeated this hotel. It was like an oasis in the desert. Very nice mood music played on the 1st floor which created a nice atmosphere.
2. Rooms were nice
3. Nice excercise room and pool area.
4. Breakfast buffet and service was just outstanding. Lots of food options and the best oatmeal and omelets around.
5. Staff was great.
6. One block to river where there is a great walking path. Close (2blks) to baseball stadium if you come during the summer.
I had a wonderful stay. I would stay there again in a minute and highly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank maverick1974
Reviewed March 14, 2008

I stayed at this hotel one night for a business trip to the Quad Cities. The hotel reminded me of an Embassy Suites so I am not sure if it used to be one or not but my room was not a suite. It had the open lobby like one though. The room was nice enough for my needs. The hotel is in walking distance of a casino. If you play the slots it is fine but if you want table games you are limited, they only had 2 black jack tables, which is what I play.

They were also within walking distance of some restaurants though. We went to Duck City which was EXCELLENT. I would highly recommend it if you were staying here, or just if you are staying close.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank allenha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Hampton Inn Davenport
Hampton Inn Davenport
#1 of 26 in Davenport
The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Baymont Inn & Suites Davenport
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities

Been to Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!