“Always a great experience!”

Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hampshire, Illinois, United States
“Always a great experience!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My job has had me on the road for years and my loyalty lies mainly with Hilton properties. However, whenever I go to the Quad Cities I always enjoy staying at the Radisson Quad City Plaza. I’ve stayed here 4 or 5 times this year and have always had a great experience. The location is convenient to many nice restaurants and fun things to do. The hotel itself is always clean and well-kept and the staff is always so pleasantly helpful. I never like to single out any one individual because all of them truly do a great job. However… Dora at the front desk is just the sweetest. I was treated to a very nice room on this most recent stay and the added amenities were very welcoming. They fitness center offers gym quality equipment and it is spacious and always very clean. My hats off to the entire staff and management team and I look forward to many more pleasant stays in 2013!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay! Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your comments about our hotel. I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments along to our staff and especially Dora, she is always a bright spot in everyone's day here at the Radisson! Stay tuned in 2013 for our guest room renovations! We look forward to having you back again soon, have a safe and happy holiday season!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Sioux Falls, SD
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed as party of a company Christmas party. Check-In was a bit bumpy as bellman spent most of his time tracking down luggage carts. Hey people-bring the cart back down after you are finished with it! Rooms were well appointed and the Sleep Number beds were to die for. Wish there had been a fridge in the room. The meal served at the party was excellent so I'm guessing that the restaurant is as well but can't say for sure. Really surprised by some of the negative comments found here. Just a block from the casino (which was somewhat of a disappointment) and in the heart of downtown.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I booked 12 rooms for my workers to spend the night for a Christmas party we were having at the Casino. I have stayed here many times and have always had a nice room and great service. Comments from my team were this is the nicest hotel I have ever been in. The staff was excellent as always. We had 26 people that wanted to have a few drinks and do a gift exchange before heading to the Casino. The restaurant manager was gracious enough to let us use one side of the tables for our get together. I thought that was great hospitality. My wife and I will continue to stay at this hotel and a few of our guys might also. The sleep number beds were a plus for most people, I know they do take a little getting used to, but I still enjoy them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We are glad that you and your staff had such a wonderful experience during your stay! Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and I am happy that our staff was able to make your experience with us enjoyable. Thank you for your continued patronage with us, we hope to see you again for your Christmas Party in 2013!
Woodhull, Illinois
Reviewed November 18, 2012

we stayed for the festival of trees parade we have been doing that for 15 years and this year they would not give me a good room, the pool was broke, the remote in our room was broke and they never came to fix it, then on the last day there, there was a mouse turd on my bed while the maid staff was changing sheets she threw pillows on floor and then never changed them! after complaint for a hole they offered me 4 free tickets or breakfast in the morning nd I said we wouldn't be there and they said oh we'll!! I think I will never go back again which is sad because it ha been a family tradition! oh and moved the night stand and dirty a heck behind them and a bunch of ashes in the table side drawer

Room Tip: just don't go
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kassidoonan
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We are very sorry to learn you did not find your visit enjoyable, and we apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced. I can assure you that your valuable comments have been shared with our entire team, including our Hotel Manager.

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we welcome the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Davenport hotels

Washington, Illinois
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Hotel is in a great location and the lobby/atrium was spacious and attractive. The breakfast was your typical fare, but they did offer made-to-order items and there was good service. Also, Sunday brunch there was live music in the atrium - a pleasing trio of gents - which made for a very relaxing atmosphere. Everyone was pleasant and we felt safe. The down side was our room was not super clean (dirty carpet) and the door seemed very thin because you could hear every noise when someone walked by (even though we had an out-of-the-way room. The ceilings in the room were low and it just felt like it was kind of closing in on us. The bedding was clean and the sleep number beds, a bit tricky to figure out, were fairly comfy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and I am happy that our staff was able to make your experience with us enjoyable. Stay tuned for our guest room remodels, which will start in 2013! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
Illinois
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel is right downtown close to dinning and night life. Breakfast was good, made to order omelets. Kind of upset the beds were sleep number beds but mine didn't work. There is an awful amount of noise during the night which caused for less then a good night of sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Receiving feedback from our guests enables us to improve in areas of concern. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I have informed our Engineer of the problem with the Sleep Number beds and he is checking into it. Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was not overly impressed with this hotel at all. They have the sleep number bed and mine was broken. The remote wouldn't work at all, I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still nothing. One side was pumped all the way up and you couldn't sleep on it. Luckily the other side of the bed was a little lower.

The room is not that great for the price, really average. Then the last night I stayed someone pulled the fire alarm at 11:45 pm and it went for ~10-15 minutes and is so loud with a lady's voice just constantly saying the same thing. Then at 12:15 am, someone from the hotel rings the fire alarm and announces the all clear, not sure that was necessary. I assumed that when the alarms turned off 15 minutes before that it was all clear. I understand that when someone pulls the alarm it isn't really much in their control, but discount the room or do something for the inconvenience that it caused rather than just sliding a letter of apology under the door with your bill. Sorry for the inconvenience and here's your bill, nice. Not very impressed at all.

I had a room with that was on the side to the open area in the middle and on the second floor. You can hear a lot of noise from people in the middle of the hotel, so be aware. Probably won't be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel. We are fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful you have taken the time to inform us your experience. We will look into this with the appropriate staff member(s), and we hope you give us the opportunity of serving you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Hampton Inn Davenport
Hampton Inn Davenport
#1 of 26 in Davenport
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf

Been to Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!