“Decent hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Illinois
“Decent hotel”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel is right downtown close to dinning and night life. Breakfast was good, made to order omelets. Kind of upset the beds were sleep number beds but mine didn't work. There is an awful amount of noise during the night which caused for less then a good night of sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Receiving feedback from our guests enables us to improve in areas of concern. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I have informed our Engineer of the problem with the Sleep Number beds and he is checking into it. Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was not overly impressed with this hotel at all. They have the sleep number bed and mine was broken. The remote wouldn't work at all, I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still nothing. One side was pumped all the way up and you couldn't sleep on it. Luckily the other side of the bed was a little lower.

The room is not that great for the price, really average. Then the last night I stayed someone pulled the fire alarm at 11:45 pm and it went for ~10-15 minutes and is so loud with a lady's voice just constantly saying the same thing. Then at 12:15 am, someone from the hotel rings the fire alarm and announces the all clear, not sure that was necessary. I assumed that when the alarms turned off 15 minutes before that it was all clear. I understand that when someone pulls the alarm it isn't really much in their control, but discount the room or do something for the inconvenience that it caused rather than just sliding a letter of apology under the door with your bill. Sorry for the inconvenience and here's your bill, nice. Not very impressed at all.

I had a room with that was on the side to the open area in the middle and on the second floor. You can hear a lot of noise from people in the middle of the hotel, so be aware. Probably won't be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel. We are fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful you have taken the time to inform us your experience. We will look into this with the appropriate staff member(s), and we hope you give us the opportunity of serving you again!

Travelers are raving about these Davenport hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My family attended a wedding the weekend of 10/12 at the Radisson Davenport IA. When we checked in the front desk personell informed me there were two reservations made under my name. I was told one was made in March and one was made in August. I told the lady that I was not aware of a reservation made in March under my name. She responded okay, you just want the reservation made in August. I said yes. I was provided a reciept for the stay at the Radisson on 10/14 for our stay. Once my credit card statement arrived there was a charge for $127.68 on 10/14 from the Radisson. I spoke with the general manager Sammi on 10/24 about the charge. He informed me it was a legitimate charge from the Radisson hotel for a no show on a reservation. I told him I disagreed with the charge. I also asked why I was not informed that I would be charged for this when I checked in and why I did not receive a bill for this charge at the time I was at the hotel. He said that he could mail me a reciept and it is not that policy to inform me of the charge at check in. He said he would not reverse the charge. I informed him that I did not agree with the charge and I was going to file a complaint with my credit card and with the BBB. He took that as me threatening him. I told him that I should have been informed of this charge while I was at the hotel and I was not given the right to dispute this charge live. He said he could do nothing for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank A b
Receiving feedback from our guests enables us to improve in areas of concern. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Generally, a very nice hotel. Clean rooms, nice showers, safe, etc. I had a room that faced the river and the trains were very loud. The trains woke me up several times in the night. I did not get rest and relaxation. I would go with another hotel if you want to make sure on sleep. Maybe ask for a room not facing the river.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the river. The train noise is awful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mjfoleymd
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay at the Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel. I am fully aware that you have many choices in hotels, and we are grateful to have taken the time to inform us of the recent experience you had with our staff and the service provided. Guest satisfaction is key to our industry, and I am happy to hear that we met your expectations. Once again, thank you for selecting our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed four days at this hotel. The rooms were okay and the service was about average. Except for the last day (10/3). In the morning while waiting for my taxi to the airport I was in the downstairs lobby area and had to witness the balding engineer/manager Jim berating the front desk clerk and the security guard. Straight talking to the two like they were little kids and shaking his head at them and pointing his finger. Made myself and other guests in the area very uncomfortable. The Radisson should teach their management staff to be more professional and take that behavior behind closed doors and out of the view of guests. Actually, even behind closed doors people shouldnt be talked to that way. I'll be staying at the Black Hawk from now on during my business trips to Davenport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Robert T
Gina W, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed September 24, 2012

You enter and there is a 6 story atrium that the rooms surround. The pool and restaurant are on the ground level. There is a several story fountain and a glass elevator that my 3 yo thought were pretty neat. The rooms were average tho...bathrooms pretty typical and could have used to updating (I hate when fixtures have been recaulked and look bad). Also, our sleep number bed was not working and was stuck at 70 =hard as a rock and very uncomfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BridgetO924, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Receiving feedback from our guests enables us to improve in areas of concern. Guest satisfaction is one of our major goals, and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. Stayed tuned for updates from our Radisson Quad City Plaza location... Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future
Norwalk, IA
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Visited the Radisson, Davenport, IA., Labor Day Weekend. Hotel was very nice, clean, well appointed, within walking distance to many amenities. The staff, with one exception, was very helpful, courteous, and seemed to have all of the time in the world. I was, however, surprised that there was no hot tub. But I would still recommend this location.
We actually went to the Quad Cities to ride our bikes. The hotel was very accomodating to our needs, extra towels for showering after a hot day's ride, and a secure place to keep our bikes. The bike trail was within one block of the hotel.

Room Tip: Our room over-looked the atrium and on the top floor. There was at least one wedding there on Satur...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BridgetO924, Manager at Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Comfort while away from home is key to travelers, and we are happy that you were able to find that at our hotel. The Quad CIties has some great bike paths and we would love the opportunity to point you in that direction next time you are in town! Thank you for selecting our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Hampton Inn Davenport
Hampton Inn Davenport
#1 of 26 in Davenport
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf

Been to Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!