“Good stay”

Days Inn Davenport IA
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The staff was exceptionally friendly, check in and out went very well. Public area when you come in looked very inviting. The bathroom quite small and the shower needs more light. ROom was clean and average comfort. Price was good. Continental breakfast was the norm, nothing to brag about but adequate. Asked for first floor upon arrival and no issue getting what we wanted.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Was looking for the Econo Lodge and this came up. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Rooms are small but we given a 2 room unit at no extra charge. Bathroom very small.
Beds weren't the best. If this has undergone renovations I stayed at the wrong motel.
For a value motel it was a little over priced. WIFI didn't work, manager couldn't figure out why.

Room Tip: Try to get a 2 room suite, rooms are small
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
twbtcaptain, Manager at Days Inn Davenport IA, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your satisfaction with our hotel. Our renovation is fully underway and is not yet complete. We are very committed to our guest's satisfaction and wish that you had given us the opportunity to address your concerns directly at the hotel. We have experienced some problems with the Wi-Fi due to the location of our equipment and the excessive heat, but have recently addressed the issue and believe that we have it under control. Please understand that the period during which you stayed with us was one of extremely high demand and rates were set a bit higher than they normally are. It is our goal to provide you the most value for your money, while at the same time maximizing our revenue. We invite you back to give us another opportunity to win your loyalty.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The motel looked nice upon arrival. Check in was a bit of a hassle as the desk clerk was not at all friendly. We got checked in and went to our room and were very surprised. Although fairly clean it was very small. You could not get down the outside of either bed, you had to crawl in from the foot, and two people could not pass between the dresser and foot of the beds. This was very inconvenient as 3 of the party are disabled 2 being well over 70 with one on oxygen. However, we decided we were not going to move at this time and gave it a try because they did honor our request for a 1st floor room. Once settled, I had to go to the lobby to get internet because there was no signal at our room. The WiFi as advertised did not work. The light at the entry door did not work so I went to the desk to get a light bulb which took forever for him to find. This was not the problem so we had no entry light. The maid tried to get the light fixed, but the maintenance people were too busy to get to it. Then when we got ready to check out, I found they had changed our rate. They said the rate I was quoted, which was $74.99 was wrong, it was for 2 people and the correct rate was $94.99. However, I had, and still have, the internet print out of the rate of 74.99 for 4 people, but they said it was 94.99 and accused me of not booking the room for 4 people. They can check my Wyndam history and see 90% of my bookings are for 1 room, 2 beds, 4 adults; I don't try to scam the system. They did change the rate for the second night back to the 74.99 I was quoted, but would not adjust the $94.99 for the first night. I will ask for a confirmation e-mail from now on with all reservations, that way I can prove what I was told!

1  Thank Bitsydad
twbtcaptain, VP Hotel Operations at Days Inn Davenport IA, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings with us. We take pride in our operation and care deeply about every guest's satisfaction. It was our impression upon your departure that our accomodation of meeting you in the middle on the rate discrepancy was satisfactory to you. I have checked the records, and the reservation was not made online, but over the phone for two persons, for which the rate is indeed $74.99. It was upon discovery that there were four persons were in the room when an inquiry was made for addtional towels beyond the four already in the room that the rate was changed to accomodate the additional costs incurred by the hotel. This is an older hotel and the rooms are not as large as you might find in a more recently built hotel, but the hotel has just undergone a complete renovation with all new furniture and carpet, etc., including flat panel TV's. Had we known of the planned occupancy of the room, we might have advised you to find larger accomodations that would have better suited your needs, as we do care about your comfort. My e-mail address is RWilliams@hoari.com if you wish to communicate further about this matter.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for many years because of the excellent service and friendly staff. And now I have even more reasons to stay. The hotel has just undergone a complete renovation, and while it is not the Hilton, it is a tremendous value. The rooms are fresh and clean and even have flat panel TV’s. Definitely a nice upgrade from what it was.

1  Thank rosie k
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have to say that this motel is unique for a budget chain property. The facade of the building is similar to a barn, and there are farm implements surrounding the building. A great touch to welcome you to farm country. I had a room that was upstairs and in between the building, and it was nice and quiet. The room itself was small, but adequate. The continental breakfast was bountiful. It appears that the property is in the process of doing some renovations. My biggest, and most likely only complaint is that the TV channel lineup was not current.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mrath
Reviewed April 7, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. The room was easily accessible, very nice and very comfortable. Cleanliness was seen through out the motel. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and courteous. The continental breakfast was better stocked and nicer than most. Also, the price was fair.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Larry W
Reviewed September 26, 2011

From the picture of the place, I expected it to be fairly decent. All the outside doors look like they have been broken into, which is kind of a scary thought. Don't know about all the rooms, but ours, you could barely get between the entertainment center, and the bathroom entry. Definately no one in a wheelchair could have made it. There was still coffee in the coffe pot, and don't know how long it had been there! Surprisingly, the beds were very comfortable. There were hairs on the shower walls also, so the cleaning of the facility is not of prime importance. Very nice area for continental breakfast. Negligable selection though.

Room Tip: The rooms toward the fron of the building at least do not look likee the doors have been broken into...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
twbtcaptain, VP Hotel operations at Days Inn Davenport IA, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I wish to share with you that the hotel has experienced absolutely no room break-ins, and that the problem that you are noting is related to the failure of paint on the doors. This is a problem that is in the process of being rectified. I would also like to share with you that the property is about to undergoa a total renovation in the next 12 months, and invite you back next year to give us another try. Again, thank you for your opportunity to serve you.