“Great hotel, very clean”

Best Western Plus Steeplegate Inn
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great hotel, very clean. Staff was friendly. Internet was fast. Breakfast was hot but not a large selection. Coffee was very weak almost like water..... Hot tub needed to be scrubbed, but the rest of the stay was excellent. Got a discounted rate through the college. If I didn't get the discount, I wouldn't have paid the full price. Little steep for the hotel. Pillows could have been better, but I am more about the cleanliness of the hotel which was great except for the hot tub as I mentioned above.

1  Thank Christine T
Jodi H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Steeplegate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Christine T,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the customer survey regarding your recent stay with us. It is through comments and suggestions from our guests that we are able to improve our facilities and service.

I am pleased to see that you found your stay with us to be an enjoyable one. Thank you for mentioning the hot tub! Our hot tub and pool were repainted last week and we think that really made a difference in the appearance, we do clean it regularly, but the paint was chipping and gave it a worn look. Thank you for leaving such nice comments on the cleanliness of your room, our housekeeping department does a great job for us here!

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and I invite you to stay with us once again. The staff and myself will look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Davenport area.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the best western plus in davenport on business recently. the staff was great, wanting to make sure everything was fine with my room and service I was receiving. the food in hotel was very good, especially breakfast. no issues. would stay there again and recommend it to others,

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Jodi H, Manager at Best Western Plus Steeplegate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear joyce b,

I am pleased to see that you found your stay with us to be an enjoyable one. Thank you also for your nice comments on the restaurant, the breakfast, and the service!! Our goal, as a staff, is to provide each of our guests with exceptionally clean and comfortable accommodations in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Helpful staff made stay very pleasant. Nice accommodations. Sun deck a lovely little used perk. Strongly recommend to anyone looking for quality place to stay. Appreciate extra efforts made by Emily and Aaron.

Dear DMJCASE,

I am pleased to see that you found your stay with us to be an enjoyable one. Thank you especially for mentioning Emily and Aaron, they are always on task and are amazing asset for our customers. Our goal, as a staff, is to provide each of our guests with exceptionally clean and comfortable accommodations in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

recently stayed at the hotel for business trip. staff was courteous, friendly, gave excellent service. rooms clean comfortable, roomy. food in restaurant was good. would highly recommend staying there if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Joyce M,

I am pleased to see that you found your stay with us to be an enjoyable one. It sounds like you were able to use our restaurant Prairie Grille as well. Our goal, as a staff, is to provide each of our guests with exceptionally clean and comfortable accommodations in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a visit with family. Shocked the hotel did not have an elevator, which was a problem when some in our party needed one. Got past that. Biggest problem was that we came back around 3pm, to find our room was not made. We left at 4:30, and came back 11pm, our room was never made that day, at all.

We complained. The on the day of check out the maid knocks on our door to make the room at 9am. We were still sleeping in, from the night before. Not sure why they would want to make a room so early on the day of checkout, and screw up other days. I think there is a lack of communication between management and maid staff.

Personally the hotel was not worthy of a 3 star rating. It's older than most hotels. The rooms are clean, though.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Ben C

Dear Ben C,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I would like to address a couple issues and apologize for any confusion. We do not have an elevator since we are only a two floor property and all of our handicap accessible rooms are on the 1st floor. I did investigate the issue of your room not being attended to by housekeeping with our housekeeping manager. She has logged that you had a Do Not Disturb flag on your door, as a rule we do not enter any room that has this signage on the door so that we do not disturb your room. She also had a request that your room was addressed 1st thing the following morning because you did not receive service and that is your room was approached at 9:00 am when the housekeeping department starts their day. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

very nice rooms and very comfortable beds. The free breakfast is great. Would highly recommend. We have stayed here several times and will keep coming back. They also have a very nice pool area and restaurant and bar.

Dear 619kelliek,

I am pleased to see that you found your stay with us to be an enjoyable one. I share each customer survey, including the comments and suggestions made, with the entire hotel staff. Our goal, as a staff, is to provide each of our guests with exceptionally clean and comfortable accommodations in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

Best Western SteepleGate Inn

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Upon arrival, I experienced a fast check in. Because I am a Best Western Rewards diamond member, I was up graded to a Jacuzzi suite without me asking. Though I did not use the whirlpool, it was a nice room. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. Also, in the room was a TV guide listing the programs for the week. All the staff I spoke with were polite and friendly. Derek, the person at the front desk, even let me use the exercise facility at 10:15 p.m. (It closed at 10:00 p.m.) I made sure that I was very quiet. The gym had a True treadmill, a stationary bicycle, a stair-stepper rowing machine, a weight lifting machine, and free weights plus a bench. I had an excellent workout. The only negatives I experienced during my stay was that since this was an older building, the walls were "thin" which means you could easily hear outside noise. (People talking and doors shutting.) Moreover, there was no USA Today newspaper for the guests, and no elevator at this hotel. In the morning, I took a relaxing hot shower. The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs and other hot items. It was an excellent breakfast given the price - free! Upon departure, I experienced a quick check out. When in the Davenport area, I will again stay at the Best Western Plus Steeplegate Inn.

Room Tip: If you do not like to climb stairs, ask for a first floor room since there is no elevator at this Be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear MrLorin,

I'm glad that as one of our diamond members you were recognized at check in, your loyalty to our brand is very appreciated. We very much appreciate your review as it is written is such a polite candor. We do provide USA today newspapers (complimentary to rewards members) but they are only at the front desk, I'm sorry that this was not told to you. I'm pleased that Derek was able to help you get your workout in! I am very pleased that overall your stay was an enjoyable one.

Best Western SteepleGate Inn