“Decent food”

Ranked #200 of 300 Restaurants in Davenport
Springfield, Illinois
“Decent food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband had a sandwich which was big and tasty. I had a daily special pasta that was also good that came with a salad and bread. It had a little too much sauce for my taste, but was very filling.

Visited August 2013

Davenport, Iowa
“family feast!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great way to feed a family. Good food and a lot of it for the price. We always order the meal then have the sandwich for lunch the next day. The cinnamon bread is the favorite of the children. Great value, great flavor.

Visited December 2012
Thank Mrs. W
Park View, Iowa, United States
“Quick and Tasty”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

If you are feeding a family, this is the place for you. The sauces are delicious but the real star in the bread. Plain, Garlic or Cinnamon - how do you choose? I get all three!

Visited September 2012
“Bland!!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Garlic bread was tasty with a bit of sweetness, but we had spaghetti and seafood ravioli, both of which were incredibly bland.

Davenport, IA
“First time's a charm.”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have lived in Davenport (this time) for 12 years & I have passed Grinder's no less than a zillion times. And Father's Day was the first time I had ever eaten their food--and I'm sad it took me so long!

My family gets together every month to celebrate holidays & events with my father-in-law (he's in a nursing home) so we have to come up with menus that can be transported. That means my first Grinder's experience was almost doomed to begin with. I ate it day old & re-warmed (because they're not open on Sunday & that's when we had our doo ha). But let me tell you, warmed up leftovers from Grinder's are better than a LOT of restaurants' freshest offerings! We had the fettucine alfredo & basic spaghetti--both were awesome.

Now, I can't wait to actually go to Grinder's to see what it tastes like fresh!

Visited June 2012