“This was a relaxing stay. Clean, friendly staff & hotel is within walking distance of shops & a variety of restaurants.”

Hampton Inn Davenport
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Davenport
Bettendorf, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Hampton Inn. The pool was very clean, the frontdesk staff super friendly. Our stay also included a complimentary breakfast. Hot items, fresh fruit, make your own waffle, what would you want more :) We had a very comfortable room that was clean and fresh. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to shopping, several nice restaurants and entertainment (movie theater). Loved the location and will stay here again for sure!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw our hotel! Our rooms are not only clean and fresh, but the linen is also! Many times when you stay at a hotel, you are not sure if the comforter is clean or not...at a Hampton Inn, you are guaranteed that our linen IS clean and fresh for every guest. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Convenient location off I-74 in Davenport. Two great restaurants, Texas Roadhouse and Granite City, are next door. Located in a commercial area with plenty of shopping and other restaurants nearby. Hotel is very nice and the breakfast had lots of choices and was very good. Have stayed several times in the Quad Cities area and this by far is one of the best options. Will continue to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jason L
Thank you for your review. Your reveiw is a great advertisement for our Hotel! You mentioned we are close to I-74, but we are also about 1 mile off I-80 too. Both of these major interstates bring a lot of people to the Quad Cities and to the Hampton Inn and Suites Davenport! Hope to see you again!
North Park Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We got in really late...about 12:30 a.m., came from Colorado to visit my grandma in the nursing home just down the street. I was a little shocked to have to wait for someone to come to the front desk. We just wanted to crash, after driving 13 1/2 hours. There was a sign up, saying they were helping another guest. There was no phone to call anyone to say I needed front desk help. The room was clean, breakfast was good, and we would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank north014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry about your wait to check in. Normally the night auditor is at the desk, but occassionally they have to step away if another guest needs assistance. I am glad you were happy with the accomodations and with breakfast. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the Quad Cities!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Great spot great staff great rooms in a nice spot my first stay at a Hampton and won't be my last ... great spots to eat very close to most things the rooms are a great size bathrooms too I have stayed with Hilton now for years and this is a fantastic hotel with careing staff thanks guys breakfast bags great idea

Hampton heaven

Davenport and the area around are fantastic lovely peoe great roads nice to see

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank TPG_12
Thank you for reveiwing our hotel! There are many great restaurants and shops within easy walking distance of the hotel. I am happy you were so delighted with our hotel and the area. It is a great city to visit with lots of things to do! We hope you will stay with us again if you are ever in the area!!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

A pretty decent choice for the Davenport area, near many decent restaurants, and easy access to freeway into Moline.
Slight signs of wear include a seam/line down the middle of the living-room carpet. Looks like the two carpet parts are separating. Maintenance needs to check this out (room 430).
Also some signs of corrosion on the floor where front of tub meets the tile.
Maintenance better stay on top of these things, else hotel will slowly and surely deteriorate further.
Blah breakfast as usual at Hampton. Slightly better then swill.
House-keeping does cool thing when DO-Not-Disturb is on the door. They left a basket outside the door w/ fresh towels, new soap & shampoo, new roll of TP and new box of tissues. EXCELLENT! This is a great nice touch. Keep it up!!
Decent exercise rrom - but one of the 20lb weights was missing.
The channel line-up card in the room is Useless. None of the channels listed, match the real TV channels.
Nice comfortable bed. Stayed w/ John Deere rate which was $100 per night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. Our maintenance department is aware of the carpet issues and we are currently working to replace/repair the carpet that is separating. I am sorry you found our breakfast blah. We offer 9 different kinds of cold cereal, scrambled eggs or omelets, sausage or bacon, fresh fruit, yogurt, freshly made oatmeal and various breads and pastries. Our "Do Not Disturb" baskets have been a hit with out guests. It provides all of the amenities you might use, when we honor your do not disturb sign. Someone walked off with one of our 20lb weights, but it is ordered and we expect it any day. As for your channel guide, we found that your room had one of the old channel guides. We have since replaced it with a new updated one. We hope to see you again!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

From reading all the reviews, they are correct. Your good Hampton experience we all expect, but pricey. I liked the area and I made that decision. Next time I think I will search a little harder, as I am in the area at least 4 times a year. I'm in a freshly remodeled Holiday Inn tonight and saved quite bit, within 60 miles of Davenport. The top floor was very quite and the room very clean. Oddly it only had a walk in shower, no tub. The location offers many restaurants within walking distances and a movie theater. A positive stay if you can afford it.

Room Tip: Top Floor, ask about a bath tub if you need it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw us on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the advice you gave to other travelers. I do not know what dates you stayed with us, but our week day rates do run a bit higher than our weekend rates. The room you were in sounds like it was a handicapped accessible room. We only have two rooms in the hotel with no tub and those are both roll in showers handicapped accessible rooms. We do hope you will at least call us for our best rate the next time you are in town!
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton for the past 2 weeks, the first week was not the greatest. The door to my room was broken and would not latch. I could tell the door was broken as I approached and am curious as to how no other employee there noticed things were not right anytime they passed by (such as housekeeping). The first night I could not be changed to another room since they were booked so we found a way to latch the door but I could not leave or my door would be unlocked and the next day maintenance was able to fix the door completely. I was also slightly put out since the desk guy from the night shift never passed the message to the day shift, so when I was leaving for work I made sure maintenance would be notified. Also, upon returning to my room one night from work I found the bed 1/2 made and the pillows thrown around the room and some were on the desk, looked like the housekeeping staff got called away and then never returned to finish.

This week slightly made up for the last which is why I gave them a very good rating. I was in a bigger room which was nice but was above some sort of air conditioning vent which hummed rather loudly outside the window and I was on the 3rd floor. There were a couple of days that I had to work later in the day so I slept in and housekeeping did not have the opportunity to clean and re-stock my room. They left a nice basket outside my door with new towels and toiletries. I really like that idea! I wish other Hamptons that don't do that would. My work schedule is varied and some nights I work 3pm-12am so getting up and out of the room just to get a couple of fresh towels isn't high on my list of things to do.

The hotel itself is nice and clean with friendly staff. I did enjoy breakfast, it's the normal Hampton spread but it was well kept up and stocked. Given the choice though, I might stay at the Hampton Inn Moline over the Davenport one in the future if I return to the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for reveiwing our hotel. I do apologize for the difficulties you had while at our hotel. These are not common problems that guests here have. I do hope you will check us out again the next time you are in town.