“Hilton Quality”

Hampton Inn Davenport
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Great spot great staff great rooms in a nice spot my first stay at a Hampton and won't be my last ... great spots to eat very close to most things the rooms are a great size bathrooms too I have stayed with Hilton now for years and this is a fantastic hotel with careing staff thanks guys breakfast bags great idea

Hampton heaven

Davenport and the area around are fantastic lovely peoe great roads nice to see

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank TPG_12
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for reveiwing our hotel! There are many great restaurants and shops within easy walking distance of the hotel. I am happy you were so delighted with our hotel and the area. It is a great city to visit with lots of things to do! We hope you will stay with us again if you are ever in the area!!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

A pretty decent choice for the Davenport area, near many decent restaurants, and easy access to freeway into Moline.
Slight signs of wear include a seam/line down the middle of the living-room carpet. Looks like the two carpet parts are separating. Maintenance needs to check this out (room 430).
Also some signs of corrosion on the floor where front of tub meets the tile.
Maintenance better stay on top of these things, else hotel will slowly and surely deteriorate further.
Blah breakfast as usual at Hampton. Slightly better then swill.
House-keeping does cool thing when DO-Not-Disturb is on the door. They left a basket outside the door w/ fresh towels, new soap & shampoo, new roll of TP and new box of tissues. EXCELLENT! This is a great nice touch. Keep it up!!
Decent exercise rrom - but one of the 20lb weights was missing.
The channel line-up card in the room is Useless. None of the channels listed, match the real TV channels.
Nice comfortable bed. Stayed w/ John Deere rate which was $100 per night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. Our maintenance department is aware of the carpet issues and we are currently working to replace/repair the carpet that is separating. I am sorry you found our breakfast blah. We offer 9 different kinds of cold cereal, scrambled eggs or omelets, sausage or bacon, fresh fruit, yogurt, freshly made oatmeal and various breads and pastries. Our "Do Not Disturb" baskets have been a hit with out guests. It provides all of the amenities you might use, when we honor your do not disturb sign. Someone walked off with one of our 20lb weights, but it is ordered and we expect it any day. As for your channel guide, we found that your room had one of the old channel guides. We have since replaced it with a new updated one. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

From reading all the reviews, they are correct. Your good Hampton experience we all expect, but pricey. I liked the area and I made that decision. Next time I think I will search a little harder, as I am in the area at least 4 times a year. I'm in a freshly remodeled Holiday Inn tonight and saved quite bit, within 60 miles of Davenport. The top floor was very quite and the room very clean. Oddly it only had a walk in shower, no tub. The location offers many restaurants within walking distances and a movie theater. A positive stay if you can afford it.

Room Tip: Top Floor, ask about a bath tub if you need it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw us on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the advice you gave to other travelers. I do not know what dates you stayed with us, but our week day rates do run a bit higher than our weekend rates. The room you were in sounds like it was a handicapped accessible room. We only have two rooms in the hotel with no tub and those are both roll in showers handicapped accessible rooms. We do hope you will at least call us for our best rate the next time you are in town!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton for the past 2 weeks, the first week was not the greatest. The door to my room was broken and would not latch. I could tell the door was broken as I approached and am curious as to how no other employee there noticed things were not right anytime they passed by (such as housekeeping). The first night I could not be changed to another room since they were booked so we found a way to latch the door but I could not leave or my door would be unlocked and the next day maintenance was able to fix the door completely. I was also slightly put out since the desk guy from the night shift never passed the message to the day shift, so when I was leaving for work I made sure maintenance would be notified. Also, upon returning to my room one night from work I found the bed 1/2 made and the pillows thrown around the room and some were on the desk, looked like the housekeeping staff got called away and then never returned to finish.

This week slightly made up for the last which is why I gave them a very good rating. I was in a bigger room which was nice but was above some sort of air conditioning vent which hummed rather loudly outside the window and I was on the 3rd floor. There were a couple of days that I had to work later in the day so I slept in and housekeeping did not have the opportunity to clean and re-stock my room. They left a nice basket outside my door with new towels and toiletries. I really like that idea! I wish other Hamptons that don't do that would. My work schedule is varied and some nights I work 3pm-12am so getting up and out of the room just to get a couple of fresh towels isn't high on my list of things to do.

The hotel itself is nice and clean with friendly staff. I did enjoy breakfast, it's the normal Hampton spread but it was well kept up and stocked. Given the choice though, I might stay at the Hampton Inn Moline over the Davenport one in the future if I return to the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for reveiwing our hotel. I do apologize for the difficulties you had while at our hotel. These are not common problems that guests here have. I do hope you will check us out again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is what we have come to expect from Hampton Inns. The room was clean and good size. As mentioned, the restaurant choices within walking distance are many. The breakfast had good hot and cold choices.

We would definitely plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for the review! As you stated our complimentary breakfast has many hot and cold choices available for our guests. We have added some new cold cereals that appeal to both kids of all ages and those wanting a healthier choice. Eggs and bacon or sausage is available every day, as well as prepared oatmeal with toppings of dried berries, sliced almonds and brown sugar, make your own waffles, refrigerated and fresh fruits, 4 kinds of yogurt, milk, coffee and 3 kinds of juices. You should never go away hungry when you stay at a Hampton Inn!! We look forward to your return to our Hotel.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here many times, its what you should expect out of a Hampton Inn. Nice people, clean rooms, good location. Lots of nice restaurants close by. Don’t hesitate to stay here you wont be disappointed. I’ve been in Hamptons all over the country and really only stayed at a few bad ones; this one is the average for Hampton.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for writing a review of our Hotel. Hampton Inns around the world strive to maintain the high standards that Hilton has for their hotels. Our beds are clean and fresh for every guest. Duvet covers are clean for each guest which means you aren't sleeping under a bedspread that has been used by guests before you. Breakfast at Hampton Inns has a wide variety of hot and cold foods and fresh fruit to meet the needs of our guests. We truely love our guests and work hard to make this hotel a warm, friendly and inviting place to stay for business travelers as well as leisure travelers. Our Hampton Inn & Suites is also blessed to be in an area rich in restaurants, shopping, night life, and close to medical facilities, hair salons, banks and we are only 2 blocks from the Interstate. We are glad you chose our Hampton Inn & Suites for your travels and look forward to your return when you are in the area.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you have asthma or are chemically sensitive you may have a problem at this hotel. Our room reeked of air freshener: the rug, the curtains, the bedding were saturated with Febreeze. Within minutes my eyes and nose swelled almost shut and I had difficulty breathing. The hotel was full so switching rooms was not an option. Derek at the front desk told us it "was protocol" for housekeeping to spray. Someone really overdid it! I've never before had allergies or sensitivities. While we went for dinner Derek plugged in an ionizer and that helped. But I couldn't use the duvet because the odor was so strong. Otherwise, the hotel is attractive, the location pretty convenient, the price reasonable, the staff friendly and helpful, and restaurants are close.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw of our hotel. I do apologize for our housekeepers overzealous use of the febreze in your room. All rooms use a febreze scent that is specially made for Hampton Inn's. It is used on fabrics in all of our guest rooms. We have made our housekeepers aware of the problem of over using the febreze and the difficulty it can cause some guests. We invite you to stay with us again, should your travels bring you this way, and ask that you let us know about the sensitivity to the febreze. We would be happy to clean your room without using febreze to alleviate any allergy problem for you.