“Good Location”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Davenport
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This location is convenient to most anything you want to see or do in the area and dining/shopping is also close by. Front desk staff were very friendly upon arrival and checkout, room was typical Hampton room (just not a fan of the hard beds) and was spacious. Only issue was some mold inside the bathtub around the caulking. Not pleasant to look at and a little bleach would take care of the problem. Breakfast options were good and typcial for Hamptons around the country. Overall a good stay, good location, friendly staff. There just needed to be a bit more attention to cleaning in the bathroom. With that said I would recommend this location and stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw us on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the mold you found in your bathroom. Totally not an acceptable situation. I will investigate and rectify. I am glad you enjoyed the employees and breakfast here. We continue to add what we can to the breakfast items within the Hampton standard. I do hope will let me know the next time you are a guest here so we can see what we can do to "soften" up the mattress for you. We use a very good brand of Serta mattress meeting the standards of Hilton.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Corry, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice Hampton, all of the normal amenities. It is conveniently located to a shopping area, including Walmart for the little items you may have forgotten, and sight seeing in the area. We toured Rock Island Arsenal and the John Deere Pavilion. Easy to get to from I-74.

Room Tip: Great location from the Interstate, very comfortable beds.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for the great rating on Trip Advisor! In addition to all the things you pointed out, we have several restaurants, shops and a large movie theater all within walking distance of 1 block or less. We hope you visit us again when you are in the area!! Safe Travels!
South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

A really nice Hampton. If you're familiar with the newer Hampton style with the larger lobby and breakfast area, this property will seem very familiar. It's nice, predictable, and comfortable.

As for the price, it's about the highest I've ever paid for Hampton. There's nothing in the property itself to account for the premium price, simply what the market will bear (the friendly manager who checked me in mentioned that they sell out 6 nights out of 7).

We certainly would stay again -- even at the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. It is true that we are a very busy hotel. We work hard to give each guest a good "Hampton" experience. Our rates allow us to keep our building looking good and running efficiently. Our rates change seasonally and on weekends. Check us out again when you are in the area!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My title says it all. Clean rooms are obviously number 1 on my list. Anything besides that doesn't really matter to me. The rooms were nice and clean and up to my standard, as a common traveler. Location was a big bonus, near highway, nice local bar within walking distance. Overall, I would and am going to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for your time in rating us on Trip Advisor. Our location is prime. Restaurants, shopping, bars, movie theater, grocery store, salons, gas station...all within walking distance or just a couple of block drive. We look forward to your next stay with us!!
Colorado Springs, CO
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,016 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel was very nice. Clean rooms. They even had an extra set of towels in our rooms just like I requested via phone call before we arrived.

The really disappointing thing was the tub didn't drain in our room. It is pretty nasty standing in dirty, ankle deep water when you shower. I immediately called the front desk to report this & they offered to send someone up with drain-o at 11:30pm at night or fix it in the morning. I opted for the morning since I was in my PJ's already.

Morning came way too early because the clock was set 50 minutes ahead of time! Sure wish I had noticed this before I went to sleep. Argh! I woke up to see the clock say 6:44am & my ride for the conference was picking me up at 7am! I wondered why my cell phone alarm didn't go off at 6:30am like it was programmed. I threw some clothes on and rushed down for breakfast. I quick ate a salsa omelet and scoop of oatmeal then looked at my cell phone for the time to make sure I wouldn't miss my ride. My cell phone said 6:11am! ARGH! Then I realized the hotel room clock was set wrong & now I had 45 minutes to wait. 45 minutes I could have slept. I could have also enjoyed the breakfast instead of eating it so quickly.

My advice to this hotel would be to please have your housekeep staff make sure the clocks are set to the correct time after each guest leaves! I could understand if it was an hour off - that could just be from not being reset after daylight saving time - but 50 minutes!?! Either that clock is broke and runs very fast or someone set it 50 minutes ahead. Not nice.

Since I had extra time now, I went to the front desk to remind them about the tub not draining. It was disturbing that he had no clue what I was talking about. Does the night staff not inform the morning staff of reported problems that are suppose to be fixed? After I came back from my conference, my husband said he had to tell the front desk again about the tub issue. Three times we had to tell the front desk & it still didn't get repaired.

We didn't expect a free night but some small compensation like 10% off our room would have been a nice gesture since we both had the unpleasant experience of showering in ankle deep dirty water. It was disturbing when each time we informed the front desk they had no knowledge that we had already reported the problem. I sure hope it did get fixed before the next guest arrived.

I wouldn't mind staying here again on a return visit to Davenport.

Room Tip: Make sure clock is set to correct time. Make sure tub actually drains!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the drain in your tub not working as it should in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. I have spoken with our housekeeping staff about the clock situation and we do not see that being a problem going forward. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced while you were here. At Hampton we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. If you would please contact me directly, I would be more than happy to make this right with you. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was travelling for the weekend to visit with friends and to run the Bix 7 race. I had stayed a year ago for a wedding, and I had enjoyed it so much that I called for this weekend many times, hoping for a cancellation--that did open up the morning of my trip from Minneapolis. The hotel is so new and clean, and the location could not be better to wherever you might need to go. The daytime manager remembered me from my first visit a year ago; she was so sweet and kind---which made me feel so welcome. She even recognized that I qualified for a discounted rate, one that I had not initially thought of--so very considerate! The beds are perfectly comfortable, the coffee always available and fresh, and a wonderful breakfast buffet. In fact, all in all--I think this is the best hotel in its category that I have ever stayed at. (The experience, and service inspired me to write this, my first review on this site.)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Daniel H
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. The Bix fills us up every year and I would recommend that if you are coming for next years race, you try to book your reservation at least a month in advance. I believe that having a clean, quality brand hotel with happy, helpful employees is what will bring out guests back over and over again. We look forward to seeing you again!
Northern Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Second time staying here - about one year apart. Friendly staff, nice rooms, good rates, free WiFi - overall a nice facility that appreciates the customer. Close to restaurants and stores.

Rooms are good size, nicely appointed with good air conditioning - needed this year due to excessive hat, approaching 100 degrees.

We will stay heree again if back in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for coming back to the Hampton Inn & Suites and for taking the time to post a comment about us on Trip Advisor. We really do care about our guests and want their stay to be as comfortable as possible. We look forward to your next stay with us! Safe Travels!!