“Clean, friendly & comfortable!”

Hampton Inn Davenport
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was responsible for finding a hotel for our group (soccer club) to stay in for a tournament we were playing in and I decided on this place. By the end of our stay this place had me looking like a genius!

The hotel is extremely well kept. Being in commercial property management myself, I tend to be overly critical on even the smallest of details, like carpet snags, discolored ceiling tiles, fingerprints on glass, etc. This hotel had NONE of these and I found myself challenged to find any flaw. After meeting the hotels General Manager Gary, and the Assistant General Manager Kristina at check-in, it was obvious why this property carries such a great rating on Trip Advisor. Our group had witnessed both managers working with their staff to maintain the appearence of the hotel throughout our stay. Another of their staff, Donny (maintenance man) was a big hit with our group. His chocolate hammers he passed out to our kids put smiles on all their faces. I also wanted to compliment Billy on his tireless work in the lobby area and Amanda for being so attentive to our groups needs as well.

I booked one the King Suites. My wife, "the clean-freak", and I were impressed. We normally stay at Hilton hotels when we travel because of their reputation for cleanliness. This Hampton Inn is on par with the Hilton brand. I liked the comfortable bed and flat-screen TV. My wife like that the bathroom & sink area were spotless - yes, she really looks for spots. Our kids loved the breakfest before their early morning games and we found it nice that there was such a wide selection of items, including 4 different varieties of coffee (available all day). Around the hotel there is a wide variety of places to eat and shop with-in walking distance.

Throughout our weekend stay, being responsible for choosing this hotel, I continually asked members of our group if anyone had any complaints or issues with their room or the hotel in general. I received none! Of the 40+ rooms my group had - no complaints - NOW THAT'S IMPRESSIVE!! My compliments to the entire staff at The Hampton Inn in Davenport. Your dedication to making our groups stay clean, friendly & comfortable was noticed and appreciated! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank bello98
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Thank you for your great review! We are glad that you chose the Hampton Inn Davenport and hope to see you again for next years tournament.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Davenport over an October 2011 weekend on a leisure trip. The hotel property is located in a nice area, with a neighboring multiplex cinema and several good restaurants (Granite City, Texas Roadhouse, Biaggi's, among many others). The property is fairly new and is well maintained. The lobby is fairly large and attractive.

Our standard king non-smoking room was reasonably sized, with a very comfortable bed, business desk, dresser, ~40 inch LG flatscreen. The room was clean and well decorated. There is no microwave or refrigerator in this room configuration.

The bathroom had a large shower (no tub) and a large counter area around the single sink. There were plenty of clean towels supplied with the room and replenished for our second night.

Our only complaint with the room was the sliding door on the shower. The door was loose at the bottom such that it did not follow the track as it should. There was no problem closing the door when we took a shower and no water leaked onto the bathroom floor. However, in a well-maintained facility, this problem should be noticed and fixed by now.

Out other complaint is with the complimentary breakfast. The scrambled eggs were instant and not very flavorful. Just a very limited amount of fruit was available. The waffle batter produced hard, untasty waffles, and the plastic utensils for guest ran out a couple times during one breakfast.

Overall, a good stay as the bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. But I would not call the $100/night that we paid a great value.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We highly value the comments of our guests. I apologize for the difficulty you had with your shower. Our maintenance department is currently looking at all rooms with shower doors and addressing this issue that you mentioned. The breakfast that we serve is a Hampton Standard breakfast so we cannot deviate much from what is offered. I will say that our eggs are premade by our supplier and then cooked by our kitchen personnel each morning. We offer both fresh and precut fruit for our guests. I will look into the waffle issue, and see if there is another kind that we can purchase. As for the silverware, I offer my apologies and let you know that this has been addressed and should not be a problem in the future. Please visit us again!

Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stayed in hotel for 5 nights with 9 other coworkers from Atlanta. Breakfast is outstanding, lots of newspapers, and rooms comfortable. Only MAJOR complaint is internet service (wire and cat5 cable) is SLOW and often kicks off! As a business traveler, i need RELIABLE and FAST internet. Odd that in today's world that Gary Schmid (GM) can't get this issue fixed? For $125 a night, plus tax I expect better. My coworkers and I reported this issue several times and front desk staff kept saying "we know .. even ours kicks off/is slow") (PS no mention of 100% satisfaction promise). Location is super. Texas Road House, Granite City, Baggi Italian, and Symposium Cafe and HyVee grocery store immediately adjacent hotel. SIde note, mattresses are starting to break down where everyone sits/sleeps, towels are showing age, and someone needs to sweep behind night stands to remove dust/dirt/crumbs.

Room Tip: suites are nice with refrig and micro
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Cucumber0801

Thank you for taking the time to write a response so that I know of your difficulties. We do know about the slow internet and it is currently being worked on. We anticipate that we will have cable to the building to speed up the internet in the next week and currently fiber optic cable is being pulled to the building and we hope to have it funcutioning by the end of November. I apologize that we do not have it yet, but hope that you will try us out again once we have it. The current owners purchased this hotel a few months ago. We are currently replacing linen so the towel issue will be resolved by your next visit. Beds are something we usually get good reviews on, I apologize that yours was not comfortable for you. We make every attempt to identify worn out mattresses and replace them for the comfort of our guests. If you ever have a problem when you stay with us in the future, please let me know while you are here. My first concern is the comfort of our guests.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is such a nice, homey, comfy place to stay in Davenport. Well located--convenient to everything and would definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I really liked this hotel! Comfy beds, nice breakfast, close to food! Can't get any better!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Thank you for your comments. We hope you choose to stay with us again when you are in the area!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great location with area sites, shopping, restaurants. Good hotel, clean, well maintained but something just does not feel like the usual Hampton. I spend on average one-third of my nights in Hamptons and always find friendly helpful staff that greet me each morning and each evening with a smile and hello. I did not see this here and other little things like no water on check-in that I usually get and an impossible channel selection that involves channels like 14-0, 14-1, 14-2, 14-3. Staff said it was new and did not know how to check channels. Then, my Diamond status means nothing here because a group checked in for a one night stay during the middle of my stay so I could not get an upgrade. Every other Hampton has responded to my status. Still the room was large, nice and clean. Again, something missing that is usually present at Hamptons.

Room Tip: all rooms appear to be fine
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank sometrip

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Davenport. I apologize for the difficulties you had during your stay. In addition to the new management we began new cable service and our staff were not adequately informed of the new channels we offer guests on their inroom televisions. The Hampton Inn & Suites Davenport is under new ownership since mid July and I began as the new General Manager the first part of August. I invite you to stay with us again and let us show you how we have improved since your stay. Let me know when you are in the area and I will personally insure you experience the type of Hotel stay you are used to with Hampton. All of our guests are important to us and and I value your comments.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

My wife and I booked a one night stay to attend a family reunion. Check-in was smooth and quick. The room was surprisingly large - I think it was one designed for those needing wheel chair access. Things were going fine until I woke up in the morning and went to make some coffee in the room. Alas, there was a coffee maker and the coffee envelopes there, but no carafe! But it ultimately didn't matter because the electricity was out. No phones. There had been storms in the area. I threw some clothes on and went out into the hall, where some lights were on but most were not. I got to the elevator and saw that management had taped a sign on the elevator door about the power outage. I took the stairs down and found a few things running, like the TV in the lobby and an ice machine. But the usually-bustling dining area was dark. No food, no coffee. Hardly any people. The front desk was unstaffed, so no one could inform me what was going on. This was about 8 am. They must have a generator to run some things, like the TV, emergency lights, and the door card worked in the door when I went back to my room.

So my wife and I took showers in the dark, and I shaved in the dark, and we headed out to Starbucks for some coffee and a bite to eat. The power outage must have been fairly small. Some businesses didn't have power but we saw many that did.

So, not really the hotel's fault - just handled strangely, I thought. We went back to the hotel to check out and the clerk offered to take about $10 off. He also reminded me of the 100% satisfaction guarantee. I didn't think that was necessary, because we'd slept just fine...but we hadn't consumed any food or coffee, so I thought $10 was a little low, but I didn't object.

This place is under new management (according to the desk clerk at check-in, who said she'd worked nine days straight.) It might need a little more time to settle in.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank CardsFanIowa

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We are under new management since mid-July, and I started working at the Hampton Inn Davenport the first part of August. I am glad you were happy with the checkin, your room and the employees that work here.
The coffee service in your room is a one cup service, so we no longer use carafes in guest rooms.
As far as the power outage went, I apologize for the lack of staff availability at the Front Desk when you came downstairs. We always want to be available to our guests but dropped the ball on that one. Our outage wasn't a complete outage since I have been informed that we are on two different transformers, allowng us to maintain a minimum of electricity in the Hotel. Room locks are battery operated so guests can always access their guest room even in a power outage. Because of the outage I learned that we had insufficient backup flashlights to offer our guests. Unfortunately we were unable to provice coffee service and the regular hot breakfast that moring, but I am working to ensure that does not happen in the future. I do hope that if you are in the area again in the future you will give us another chance to prove our customer service to you.