“Very comfortable hotel”

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
San Diego, California
“Very comfortable hotel”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is such a nice, homey, comfy place to stay in Davenport. Well located--convenient to everything and would definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I really liked this hotel! Comfy beds, nice breakfast, close to food! Can't get any better!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GarySchmid, General Manager at Hampton Inn Davenport, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We hope you choose to stay with us again when you are in the area!
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great location with area sites, shopping, restaurants. Good hotel, clean, well maintained but something just does not feel like the usual Hampton. I spend on average one-third of my nights in Hamptons and always find friendly helpful staff that greet me each morning and each evening with a smile and hello. I did not see this here and other little things like no water on check-in that I usually get and an impossible channel selection that involves channels like 14-0, 14-1, 14-2, 14-3. Staff said it was new and did not know how to check channels. Then, my Diamond status means nothing here because a group checked in for a one night stay during the middle of my stay so I could not get an upgrade. Every other Hampton has responded to my status. Still the room was large, nice and clean. Again, something missing that is usually present at Hamptons.

Room Tip: all rooms appear to be fine
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank sometrip
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Davenport. I apologize for the difficulties you had during your stay. In addition to the new management we began new cable service and our staff were not adequately informed of the new channels we offer guests on their inroom televisions. The Hampton Inn & Suites Davenport is under new ownership since mid July and I began as the new General Manager the first part of August. I invite you to stay with us again and let us show you how we have improved since your stay. Let me know when you are in the area and I will personally insure you experience the type of Hotel stay you are used to with Hampton. All of our guests are important to us and and I value your comments.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My wife and I booked a one night stay to attend a family reunion. Check-in was smooth and quick. The room was surprisingly large - I think it was one designed for those needing wheel chair access. Things were going fine until I woke up in the morning and went to make some coffee in the room. Alas, there was a coffee maker and the coffee envelopes there, but no carafe! But it ultimately didn't matter because the electricity was out. No phones. There had been storms in the area. I threw some clothes on and went out into the hall, where some lights were on but most were not. I got to the elevator and saw that management had taped a sign on the elevator door about the power outage. I took the stairs down and found a few things running, like the TV in the lobby and an ice machine. But the usually-bustling dining area was dark. No food, no coffee. Hardly any people. The front desk was unstaffed, so no one could inform me what was going on. This was about 8 am. They must have a generator to run some things, like the TV, emergency lights, and the door card worked in the door when I went back to my room.

So my wife and I took showers in the dark, and I shaved in the dark, and we headed out to Starbucks for some coffee and a bite to eat. The power outage must have been fairly small. Some businesses didn't have power but we saw many that did.

So, not really the hotel's fault - just handled strangely, I thought. We went back to the hotel to check out and the clerk offered to take about $10 off. He also reminded me of the 100% satisfaction guarantee. I didn't think that was necessary, because we'd slept just fine...but we hadn't consumed any food or coffee, so I thought $10 was a little low, but I didn't object.

This place is under new management (according to the desk clerk at check-in, who said she'd worked nine days straight.) It might need a little more time to settle in.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank CardsFanIowa
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We are under new management since mid-July, and I started working at the Hampton Inn Davenport the first part of August. I am glad you were happy with the checkin, your room and the employees that work here.
The coffee service in your room is a one cup service, so we no longer use carafes in guest rooms.
As far as the power outage went, I apologize for the lack of staff availability at the Front Desk when you came downstairs. We always want to be available to our guests but dropped the ball on that one. Our outage wasn't a complete outage since I have been informed that we are on two different transformers, allowng us to maintain a minimum of electricity in the Hotel. Room locks are battery operated so guests can always access their guest room even in a power outage. Because of the outage I learned that we had insufficient backup flashlights to offer our guests. Unfortunately we were unable to provice coffee service and the regular hot breakfast that moring, but I am working to ensure that does not happen in the future. I do hope that if you are in the area again in the future you will give us another chance to prove our customer service to you.
Edgerton,wi
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Very nice newer hotel. Very clean with modern decor. Good location. But do not eat the breakfast, it is bad. One fruit available, apples. The waffles were chewy and tasteless. The only syrup was sugar-free. The other selections were slim and the few baked goods were stale. There is only 1 toaster for the 40 people trying to get breakfast so toast was out of the question. Find another place for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobster17
Memphis
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Stayed here just one night on our way to a family gathering. Room was ready early, spotlessly clean and comfortable. We had a studio suite so that gave us a little extra room - sofa, work table, chair, bar area (microwave, fridge, sink). Good value and really great location. Plenty of places to eat in the vicinity, shopping nearby and huge multiplex (IMAX also) movie theater right behind the hotel.

Hotel was pretty full with a softball tournament group staying there but we did not hear any noise. Nice lobby and good breakfast included.

Enjoyed our stay, would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Lake Arrowhead
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Very nice and very clean. Modern decor and well done. We had a walk-in shower which was nice. Everyone in hotel was pleasant. The linens were crisp and clean. The bed was comfortable allowing us to have a good rest. Breakfast was really nice as well. Conveniently located off the freeway. Maintenance guy was helpful and caring. Had dinner at River House Bar & Grill, sat outdoors and Greg was our waiter and he was great!

• Stayed July 2011