“Good Choice in Davenport”

Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were very happy with our one night stay at the Comfort Inn in Davenport, IA and had no issues. Hotel was very clean and you could tell it's been updated. Unfortunately, we could hear the noise of the hallway and the water pressure of the shower was horrible. But if that is my biggest complaint then I am happy. The free breakfast was just average but the eating area was very spacious and clean. The lady at the front desk was very nice and even helped my kids get the free WIFI set up on their devices. Conveniently located off the interstate and easy to find as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We called the morning before checking in to see if we could possibly book a room. Stephanie at the front desk was AMAZING! She was sooo helpful over the phone and had a good humor and personality about her. The pool was amazing, however there was no hot tub. Breakfast was delicious and the lady who was manning it was very polite and curtious (sorry I do not remember her name). The only two downfalls to this hotel were- 1. There were some mardi gras beads left over from a previous stay behind the night stand (not a huge deal, but shows the room was not thoroughly cleaned). 2. We had held the room with a credit card when we reserved and were told we could pay in cash. When we checked in we asked if we needed to pay then and were told no that we would pay when we checked out, well the next morning we had a receipt under our door where they had already charged the card. It wasn't a huge deal as we did have the money on our debit card, however we had brought the amount of cash with us that we wanted to spend. Overall it was a pretty good stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for (7) nights while in town visiting family. The staff is fabulous and the GM, Melissa Carr, is really helpful and very plugged into whats happening at the property.
The rooms are spacious, well appointed and the entire property is spotless. You just can't do better for the money in this area.
The breakfast in the morning was good and exactly what you'd expect for this type of property.
I use to do a lot of corporate travel and spent many overnights in hotels. I am pretty picky and I found nothing wrong here at all. I will be back!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Preface: We are a practical family, not afraid to complain, but not whiners either. i.e. this is a real review.
One of the best hotels we've stayed at. After driving all night, the staff made great effort to get us an available room at 1030 am. The staff (Stephanie and Melissa) were friendly with the kids and took great pride in the hotel and keeping it clean. They even had an employee picking up trash all around the property. I needed a razor, they gave me two along with some shaving cream. The breakfast in the morning was great with a staff member dedicated to keeping the room clean and the food ample. A great hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

After a long day we were pleased with our choice of Comfort Inn. Attractive first floor room. We were fortunate to get it as they were basically sold out. Very clean updated room. Quiet. Large truck stop next door is a non entity. Breakfast was appropriate for continental. Good location. Easy to get to from Interstate. Staff were efficient and friendly. Price was super. No Issues

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HiltonHeadFisherman
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I think the hotel was in a good location and right of the interstate. They had a good continental breakfast and it met my needs and wants. Then I got a good night sleep there. I liked the high ceilings and that they had in their rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kevin A
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

After staying in several hotels throughout Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin....seeing the condition of this hotel compared to the others was very disappointing. Upon entering the lobby there were kids running around making too much noise (they broke the glass in a picture frame by the way while I was waiting to be checked in. The check-in lady at the desk looked worn out and not very presentable (although she was nice). It was humid in the lobby from the pool and I could smell chlorine. Only one elevator, very small for our luggage cart. The luggage cart was not sturdy....it seemed very cheap. Getting out of the elevator the hallway carpet looked like it hadn't been swept in weeks.....very messy. We got a suite with a king-sized bed and the room seems small compared to other hotels we stayed in. I'm in the room now and will follow up with this review tomorrow....look for part 2 coming soon.

• Stayed: June 2013