“Very nice hotel - would stay here again when back this way.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Livingston, Texas
“Very nice hotel - would stay here again when back this way.”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This hotel is on the northwest side of the city at exit 292 of interstate 80 behind and to the north of Flying J truck stop. Property is four years old but maintained at a very high level. Very clean and bright with 100 % no smoking. Staff is friendly and rooms are very large with all amenities. There is a pool and exercise room. Hot breakfast was very good and well stocked. Wifi signal good and also hard wired computer for guest use in lobby with printer. One negative is you have but one entrance and exit to property which can be a little busy because of the truck stop next to it.

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank armoredtruckdriver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Colorado
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I am very concerned with cleanliness, and this hotel and my room were very clean. The room was relatively quiet (unless you count the people in the room above mine who began marching around at about 5:30 am, as if to Souza music. This is not a destination hotel for families - there is a "Gentlemen's Club" next door (why they call them gentlemen is beyond me) that played loud music, but I couldn't hear it in my room, even though I was on that side of the hotel. Also, there is a large truck stop nearby.

Breakfast is scrambled eggs, meat, waffles, etc.

A traveler's tip - I walked in at about 11:30 pm and asked for a room. The young man said that the "only room left was a $149.00 room with a Jacuzzi." I went back out to my car, got online, and book a standard room for $114, and went back in with a reservation. I got a standard room. This is not the first time this has happened to me.

Room Tip: If they say they have no rooms - go online and see if there is actually a room that perhaps they wer...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank ColoradoHappyhiker
Bronson, Michigan
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I spent 1 night here on our way from Wall, SD to our home in southern Michigan. We'd driven 11 hours and were pretty beat. This place was right off the interstate and wasn't far from plenty of restaurants in Davenport. The room was spacious, clean, climate-controlled, very nice overall. The staff was friendly, and the complimentary breakfast in the morning, let me tell ya! It was fantastic! Just picture every type of breakfast food or drink you could possibly want, then you'll have an idea of the selection we're talkin' here. The ONLY reason I didn't rate our stay as Excellent was this: our room connected to the neighbor's via a set of locked doors, which was fine...except we could hear pretty much every word of our neighbor's phone call at 7 a.m. I get the connectivity is for parties traveling together who want adjacent rooms. But when it's just the 2 of you, that wall is just a little bit thin. Overall however, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank epica101
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The building is older, the furnishings are older. Your first impression when you drive up and walk in will be correct. So, if a drab stay in a cheap hotel will fit your needs, then this should work for you.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
New Hampshire
Reviewed September 19, 2009

Everything about this hotel pleased me (and I'm pretty dang picky!) Bed - awesome comfort and nice quality linens. Bathroom - spotless, double sinks, good shower pressure, good lighting. A/C - comfortable and easy to regulate. Hotel was quiet - I guess this is low season for Davenport - and the very nice hotel clerk assigned me the type of/location of room I requested when I booked online. The pool is very clean and nice and is OPEN. I can't imagine why anyone would NOT like this hotel. Perhaps if you want to stay closer to town or are looking for a great nightlife . . . . But I was traveling through on I-80 and it was perfect for me.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Minnesota
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We selected this hotel based on past stays at Comfort Inns, and the price was right for us. We are a family with teens just passing through the town, but it is not near downtown or the river at all. (It's 10-12 minutes out of town.) Rooms were just fine, a few stray hairs in the bathroom, and a stained towel, but otherwise fine. Beds were very comfy. The night clerk was bored and not too friendly. When we printed out our reservation, in big red letters it states that it is a completely non-smoking hotel. So imagine our surprise when we were drifting off to sleep, out from under the adjoining (locked) door, came the strong odor of our neighbors smoking dope!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Illinois
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We arrived to the hotel at 2:00 p.m. to check in and were told the pool was closed due to the ph level being high and would reopen the next day. Well my kids wanted to swim so we booked another hotel. While we were on the way out the manager was coming in and asked why we were leaving and we told her. She had no clue about the pool. She said she would check with the pool person. Well she came back and said the pool expert said the pool would be up and running in two hours. After we had wasted about an hour there she said she would knock ten dollars off. I thought that was a slap in the face and we went to the other hotel. Would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family