“Good to stay”

Staybridge Suites Davenport
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stayed in hotel for around 9 days and some of the things which I liked most of this hotel are -
They have 3 days in a week complimentary drinks in the evening which didn't allow you to feel like lonley since you see and interact lot of people at the time.
they have the well maintained swimming pool
Room service is quite good.
I feel that they should have some more options for vegetrain in thier morning breakfast time.

Room Tip: I stayed in the ground floor and enjoyed the proximity from the dining area.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 19, 2011

It all starts from great happy greetings that welcome you to get your breakfast. Absolutely magnificent staff who really is able to help you if youre not a local. Plus the location is superb. Stayed there the whole summer and, yes, would go back to anyday.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This staff at this hotel are extremely friendly and accomodating. I have been staying here for the past six months and they treat you like family. The rooms have a full fridge, dishwasher, microwave and stove top and all sidhes and silverware needed. The rooms are very clean and spacious with suites with additional sofas and chairs and working desks.

Tuesday through Thursday evening, the hotel offers a "Sundowner" reception for the guest which includes a variety of good food, beer, wine and sodas all included in the room rate. During the summer each week they even grill bruger, hot dogs and chicken for a greta BBQ taste. These are a great way to meet people and unwind from your workday.

When I check in each week, they call me by name and everything is already set up. Such a nice way to start off my stay for the week. Great job to Rick and the crew at the Staybridge. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2011

The title generally says it all - nothing stands out but would definitely consider staying again. I slept well, the room was clean (if slightly dated), and functioned just fine. Staff was reasonably pleasant.

One downside is this hotel really needs to get automatic opening doors. I don't fault the staff themselves as they obviously have no control over that decision. They said the ownership wants the hotel to have a "homey" feel. That's all well and good when I'm at home, not so good when I'm carrying luggage in and out (not to mention a buddy in a wheelchair). Ownership - spend the money and make the property convenient for your guests...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I got my stuff stolen from my room. The management is very poor and they did not give this issue any priority.

Some staff member stole the camera from my room. I was not able to locate my digital camera after the cleaning was done. I had about 1000 photos in the camera from the previous trips. This is my terrible experience. I don't have a copy of my photos ... It had all my memories from my trip with my family.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank GuestMoline
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I was happy with the room, the staff, the lady serving breakfast was super awesome :) we werent rushed out since we overslept a little, the "yard area" was great for hanging out and having a bite to eat ( they have a grill ) I had my dog with us and the place seemed dog friendly ! Pool looked and smelled clean, and the free breakfast was pleasing. I couldnt really had asked for more at this stay :) THANK YOU STAYBRIDGE I think Ive finally found a "nicer chain" that I have and would re stay at again in other states!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Our Trip to Davenport started pretty rough. When we arrived our room was not ready and we had to wait in the hotel lobby for over an hour till our room was ready - They did however take some of the cost of the room off...which was nice.

Our troubles really started our last night there when we found roaches (five of them) in the room. The room was not terribly clean in the first place which makes sense why there would be roaches.

Also, the morning of our departure we found out the the refrigerator that we had placed our food in was not working at all - thus the food was spoiled.

All of these things could have been overlooked or at the least been made right if I was treated better by the management of the hotel. I told them about the problems the day we left and they said that the manager would have to call me - I finally got in contact with him and he disbelieved that there was roaches in the hotel at all. Though He was polite and professional on the phone, he made me out to be the bad guy - like I did not know what I was talking about and he would do nothing to make our stay right.

In the room there is a little handbook with information about the hotel and the hotels guarantee - which says that the hotel does not expect the guest to pay for any part of the stay that was not 100% satisfactory. I was very dissatisfied, especially with the roaches and the management that has done nothing to keep me as a customer. It is clear that they do NOT value their customers (this was not the first time I was at a Staybridge).

If you are looking for a horrible stay at an expensive hotel with roaches as roommates - check into the Staybridge...it will meet all THOSE expectations.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family