“Large room, big menu”

Thunder Bay Grille
Ranked #8 of 301 Restaurants in Davenport
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Thunder Bay's spacious interior seamlessly melds contemporary elements in warm lodge setting; combing the natural beauty of light and dark woods, sparkling glass and soft-colored stones. Thunder Bay's innovative menu, warm hospitality and engaging atmosphere give it a fresh twist to casual dining. Thunder Bay's menu lends itself to choices from rich classic steaks and spectacular seafood to spicy Cajun entrees. Our chefs have created signature entrees like Drunken Steak, Cedar Plank Salmon or Sesame Thai Mahi Mahi. Spice things up with a touch of Cajun, Seafood Jambalaya or our Bouillabaisse. Finish with a decadent dessert of an after dinner cocktail. Try one of our many selections of craft beers. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our guest's experiences with service and want each guest to feel relaxed and cared for while dining with us. We Thunder Bay with comfortable soft seating areas meant for gathering, relaxing and socializing with friends. Memories are made from time spent sharing food and drink, laughter and good times. Thunder Bay invites you to come in and enjoy relaxing casual dining at its best. Invite Thunder Bay to your next event; whether you are planning a rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, private patio party at your home or a corporate event at your office; planning has never been easier. Contact us we can create customized menus to suit your event.
Pacifica, California
“Large room, big menu”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We enjoyed the food...good steak. Good service. Very convenient to where we were staying. Had tapas before our meal.

Visited August 2013

“Nice outdoor seating”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here looking for lunch and a break from the road . We certainly picked the right place! They have a beautiful outdoor dining area where you can sit and watch the birds and forget about your day. The food was great too
My partner had the very berry salad , it was amazing. Full of fresh berries and dried fruit. The only bump was the Mac and cheese my daughter ordered. It was truly awful. But our server was great and recommended the bacon Mac and cheese instead , which my daughter loved. So, overall a great place not to miss if you are in Davenport.

• Visited August 2013
Palatine, Illinois
“Love the location and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This restaurant is right next to the offices where I have meetings twice a year. I love the convenience.

It is also really lovely and charming on the inside with a log cabin feel. It's nicely done. Even the bathrooms are lovely.

Service is great too, very attentive.

I think if you were here for Friday cocktails with friends, this would be a fabulously fun place but the food, which is medium priced, is frankly not fabulous. Most of the menu seems to be fried and breaded, with ranch dipping sauce. Some items look like they are trying to be sophisticated but they miss the mark.

I still go back for lunch every 6 months...

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mmmidwesterner
Davenport, Iowa
“Sunday Brunch...a bit disappointing”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Don't get me wrong, for lunch or dinner, the food at Thunder Bay overall, is usually pretty good. In several visits, it's usually the wait service that leaves somethng to be desired. You know, you can have the best food in the world, but when the service end falls down, it can take something away. We usaually just "grin and bear it" when it comes to the service during lunch or dinner.

For last Sunday, I can't complain about the wait service, but the Brunch, that's a diferent story.

My wife and I had not been there in awhile, but it has changed. One thing they did was to move the Brunch serving from the middle of the restaurant, to the back. If they seat you all the way to the front, as we were, then you have to hoof it to the back. I'm not really sure why they would do that. The middle is no closer to the kitchen than the back. Yes, they lose seating when they set it up in the middle, but so do they in the back. It didn't make much sense to us.

As to the layout and the selection of food, it ain't what it used to be. I would say it was 1 1/2 times the size it is now. They serve something that look like hashbrowns, not browned and it appears they may be in sort of maybe soup, like cream of mushroom or something, not sure. My wife and I took one bite and that was enough for us.

The turkey was dry. The BBQ ribs, I don't know. I think they were left over from there or Iowa Machine Shed (same owner). There is some selection, or so it appears, but not enough of what anybody would want to eat. Got there when they opened at 9 a.m. and the top of the eggs, you had to break threw with a spoon.

The biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage and mini waffles, not bad. But is that worth $12.50 each, plus $2.50 for an iced tea and $2.99 for a milk...hardly. They really fall down on their Brunch.

I can't say that we would ever go there for bruch again.

• Visited July 2013
Sterling, Massachusetts
“Nice Setting”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Long day on the road. Needed a glass of wine and a good meal in a nice setting. We got it all here. Beef: prime rib and steaks were tasty, a little overseasoned for my taste. Prime rib only Friday and Saturday served medium only. Located close to motels.

• Visited July 2013