“Horrible!”

Cuisines: American
Davenport, Iowa
“Horrible!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Over this past weekend I went in with my family for a late lunch, the past was pretty dead only a handful of tables were sat. Our server was rude and very quiet I couldn't understand or hear what she said most of the time. Forgot to bring some of our drinks out and then when our food was ready she brought 4 out of the 5 plates out then waited another probably 6-7 mins to bring out my nieces plate... so we all sat there and by the time the food came some of our stuff was cold. Got the bill and noticed that we were charged for extra stuff - when we pointed it out she grabbed the slip and just walked away.... came back and handed us a new one. Really?! It wasn't OUR mistake. Ridiculous!

• Visited September 2013

Louisa, Kentucky
“Worst meal I've ever had at an Applebee's”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were seated quickly and greeted nicely. After placing our order the appetizer arrived quickly and was good but from there it was all downhill. The riblet basket the meat was overcooked and way too much sauce the honey pepper steak was just OK. I wish Applebee's gave you more choices with your meals at no extra charge. So many restaurants let you pick and choose the various vegetables and salads that go along with your meal at no extra charge. Not sure if I'll be back to an Applebee's too many other great choices out there.

Visited August 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Local Sports Bar”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went on a Saturday and by 8 o'clock it was bouncing with people having to wait in excess of 30 min, which is fine if it was a good restaurant but I would not have waited that length of time for a chain restaurant, such as Applebee's. It's more pub grub and is ideal for a quick meal. It's more of a Sports Bar than a restaurant and was very noisy.

• Visited July 2013
Pensacola Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Typical Applebees fare, as good as or better than others. Friendly staff, food was cooked as ordered, excellent quality.

Visited May 2013
USA
“What a change for the worse.”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I usually steer clear of these chain restaurants: Applebee's, Chili's, TGI Friday's, and the like. We were coaxed in by a gift card. I should have re-gifted the card. I heard every word our overly loud waiter said to each of his tables. Classic rock on the speakers was a further distraction. The chicken had an unnatural texture, perhaps from freezing and microwaving. Ribs were barely warm.

We had a surprisingly nice visit here in 2009, the canned music was not playing then. Salmon is no longer on the menu. Do they really change the menu every two months? How do you build up a loyal following that way? With a few tweaks this could have been an enjoyable meal, instead I have recommitted myself to avoiding chain restaurants.

Visited March 2013